Hardest SMT of the series?

#1Solar20xxPosted 7/23/2013 12:57:26 AM(edited)
Is this the hardest game of the series to you? - Results (290 votes)
Yeah, definitely
7.93% (23 votes)
Nope. Not at all
33.1% (96 votes)
So far, definitely yes (opinion might change)
5.86% (17 votes)
So far, definitely not (opinion might change)
10.34% (30 votes)
A little harder
8.97% (26 votes)
A little easier
11.03% (32 votes)
A little harder so far (opinion might change)
3.79% (11 votes)
A little easier so far (opinion might change)
3.79% (11 votes)
Can't really say
15.17% (44 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I hope I made the poll as fair as possible. I think it's a little harder so far than another SMT game I played, Strange Journey. I have never died so many times so early, and I was only on Lv. 3. I was that bad.

Tried to get this one fairy I saw early, but she betrayed me or killed me over ten times, and when I finally got her SHE WASN'T EVEN THAT GOOD!
---
3DS FC: 2535 3646 8484 PSN: Jasper20XX
Sometimes even serious times have their funny moments: http://puu.sh/2Su65
#2ikilledkenny2Posted 7/23/2013 12:50:29 AM
nah, this game isn't If...
#3KarmelCHAOSPosted 7/23/2013 12:53:24 AM
Between the ones I've played:

Persona 3 + 4
Digital Devil Saga
Devil Survivor
Strange Journey
and
SMT IV

I'd say Strange Journey is easily the hardest. This one falls between DDS and DS, the Persona games were too easy.
#4HermeticJusticePosted 7/23/2013 1:01:33 AM
anybody who says yes has never played SMT I or SMT II without a guide
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#5xylophone2Posted 7/23/2013 1:04:21 AM
Nah, early-mid game Nocturne is much harder. This game is more in line with mid-late Nocturne.
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.-Balthier FFXII
Official Leanan Sidhe of SMTIV & Vaporeon of Pokemon XY boards
#6Solar20xx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 1:12:31 AM(edited)
So later on it doesn't get as hard as ST? I suppose I wouldn't be surprised since ST was not only enemy h** (especially later on) but dungeon h*** (again especially later on) as well, just like SMT 1 and 2.

And to the one that said about Nocturne, I found Nocturne one of the easiest SMT games when I completed it. Only early on did that game rape me so much, but later it was much easier for me. I'm at mid here (won't say where I'm at since that's potential spoiler), and I still find it a bit harder than all the ones I completed so far. Only SMT games I haven't played was If...., Children games, and that Xbox one.
---
#7saint35Posted 7/23/2013 1:14:47 AM(edited)
Beaten:

SMT I-IV
If...(PS1)
Devil Summoner(Saturn), Soul Hackers and Raidous 1/2
DDS1 and 2
Persona 2 IS/EP, 3 FES/Portable and 4
Strange Journey

Found IV to be the hardest. Then again, I also found Devil Survivor 2 which I got far into, but stopped because of the announced enhanced port to be one of the hardest SMT games. So I seem to differ from most people.
---
WE R TEH SHROOB ALLIES. WE ROXOR U AND THEN ROFL. THEN U AM CRY. - Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time https://imageshack.com/a/img96/1765/phkl.jpg
#8MelficeSeph2Posted 7/23/2013 1:13:54 AM
I would say Nocturne and Persona 3 are the hardest. Early Persona 4 as well. This one is too easy. You can save anywhere, pick what moves you want your demons to have (This is welcomed. I'm someone who has a Orpheus from Persona 3 that has Victory Cry and Morning Star, imagine the hell that was. I have other freaks too, XD), If the main character dies, you can keep fighting. Since you can save anywhere if you die you don't have to go through long mazes and puzzles again. Smirk is like a mini-invincible mode. I died a bit, but it's still too easy.
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#9Solar20xx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 1:22:25 AM(edited)
MelficeSeph2 posted...
If the main character dies, you can keep fighting.

Wow, really? I never knew this. I'm serious. In the series it's usually that when the main character dies, it's game over. Learned that definitely from ST. So as paranoid as I am, each time the main character dies, I restart the whole game.

I'm glad I picked that opinions might change, but we'll see later on.

saint35 posted...
Then again, I also found Devil Survivor 2 which I got far into, but stopped because of the announced enhanced port to be one of the hardest SMT games.

Is that so. This sounds good because I found DS2 pretty easy. Cannot wait.
---
#10MelficeSeph2Posted 7/23/2013 1:27:10 AM
Solar20xx posted...
MelficeSeph2 posted...
If the main character dies, you can keep fighting.

Wow, really? I never knew this. I'm serious. In the series it's usually that when the main character dies, it's game over. Learned that definitely from ST. So as paranoid as I am, each time the main character dies, I restart the whole game.

I'm glad I picked that opinions might change, but we'll see later on.

Yeah, I was expecting that in this game but nope.
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind