High Phys Pleroma

#1Voiced408Posted 7/25/2013 2:38:04 AM
Does High Phys Pleroma benefit physical based skills or just regular attacks?

I was testing it out with Fenrir but his Titanomachia didn't really do any more damage.

Can anyone clarify or explain how this passive skill works?
---
RO: Nagi
#2SazukeEXPosted 7/25/2013 2:43:03 AM
Physical skills, not basic attacks I believe.

It isn't worth having anyway other than filler as you're better off using far better skills instead. Such as active skills or Drain skills.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#3Voiced408(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 2:49:03 AM
Well I'm not exactly sure if it even works with physical skills..

I had my Fenrir at level 72, right before he learns High Physical Pleroma. I use a Titanomachia and it crit an enemy for 500. When he leveled up to 73 and learned High Physical Pleroma, I used Titanomachia again on the same enemy and it crit for 500 still.

Basic attacks do the same amount of damage too.. I'm not really understanding this skill.
---
#4mongopikisPosted 7/25/2013 3:07:28 AM
Odd, it should have been a 30% increase, equivalent to a rank of tarukaja or a rakunda on the enemy.

Were you buffed in anyway at the time? The enemy used Taunt or something?
#5Voiced408(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 3:10:16 AM
Nope. No buffs, no debuffs. I was just fighting much weaker enemies.

But I've developed a new question, is this skill even worth keeping for a physical based demon? Or are there better ways to increase the damage output?
---
#6mongopikisPosted 7/25/2013 3:20:46 AM(edited)
Voiced408 posted...
Nope. No buffs, no debuffs. I was just fighting much weaker enemies.

But I've developed a new question, is this skill even worth keeping for a physical based demon? Or are there better ways to increase the damage output?

It's worth keeping if you have no better skills to fill the slot.

Just that if you're planning any kind of demon, better skills are a dime a dozen, whether it's sealing off elemental weaknesses, or Charge, or even skills that give physical demons greater usefulness like Life Surge, Invitation (since they're usually the last ones standing) or Doping.

Against endgame boss enemies, which are likely your main concern, being able to stand up to 3-5 turns of damage is your primary focus.
#7TerminusEdgePosted 7/25/2013 8:50:30 AM(edited)
Shiva and Mara, two of the strongest physical demons in the game, can get away with High Phys Pleroma because they only need four Drain passives.

Phys/Gun/Ice/Force for Shiva (Uriel can use this same setup too)
Phys/Fire/Ice/Force for Mara

With those four Drains, your Phys skill of choice, Charge, and High Phys Pleroma, you still have a free slot for whatever you want. I was considering putting Enduring Soul or Life Surge like the above guy said on them on the off chance some dumb Almighty shenanigans should occur. Not like they need any other attacking skills anyway since the gameplan for them is just Charge->Phys skill->repeat. (Though I suppose you could also put that super-Charge skill there when the Sanat DLC comes out, since it stacks with the normal Charge.)

Though Samarecarm might have some merit on one of them, since against a lot of the nastier bosses, the character most liable to die first is the MC, whom Invitation doesn't work on IIRC.
#8v0m12Posted 7/25/2013 10:55:31 AM
TerminusEdge posted...
Shiva and Mara, two of the strongest physical demons in the game, can get away with High Phys Pleroma because they only need four Drain passives.

Phys/Gun/Ice/Force for Shiva (Uriel can use this same setup too)
Phys/Fire/Ice/Force for Mara

With those four Drains, your Phys skill of choice, Charge, and High Phys Pleroma, you still have a free slot for whatever you want. I was considering putting Enduring Soul or Life Surge like the above guy said on them on the off chance some dumb Almighty shenanigans should occur. Not like they need any other attacking skills anyway since the gameplan for them is just Charge->Phys skill->repeat. (Though I suppose you could also put that super-Charge skill there when the Sanat DLC comes out, since it stacks with the normal Charge.)

Though Samarecarm might have some merit on one of them, since against a lot of the nastier bosses, the character most liable to die first is the MC, whom Invitation doesn't work on IIRC.

Actually, I think Black Frost might be better than those two. He starts at level 31 which means that if you have the apps that raise the stats of demons when they level up, Black Frost will have much better stats than ether Mara or Shiva. It also isn't hard to put the skills you want on him.
#9Voiced408(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 11:50:14 AM
Well the reason I was testing this skill out in the first place was because I was planning out my Uriel skill set.

I've already fused his ingredients for him to have:

God's Lightning
Bar Toss
Drain Force
Energy Drain
Charge
High Phys Pleroma
High Elec Pleroma
Victory

For anyone who already has him (Japanese version), do you guys have any other suggestions?
---
#10YokoPosted 7/26/2013 3:07:27 AM
You forgot Phys Pierce and Dark Energy to just mow everything with his signature skill.
---
The proof that we're alive is that we endure hardships, suffering and joy...
http://wyv.dyndns.org/gradiusTemplate/upload.php?page=1 Nice JP Gradius site.