This game is so awful sometimes

#11FScellPosted 7/26/2013 8:47:15 PM
It's really quite broken on either side. If I get a preemptive I can destroy just about anything with Flynns turn alone. If ambushed then I'll usually be forced to Trafuri and revive half of my party.

That's not particularly good design.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#12LightHawKnightPosted 7/26/2013 8:47:24 PM
OhHiRenan posted...
It baffles me that people actually defend the fact that you can get wiped out so easily by an enemy getting the pre-emptive strike.

It baffles me how people can't stand letting the enemy have the exact same advantages as the players get. It is sad when people can't play without a handicap.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#13icefaiiPosted 7/26/2013 8:48:23 PM
agility and luck too low son
#14cjjohnstonPosted 7/26/2013 8:49:27 PM
This is my one problem so far. I was trying to take down the level 75 tree in Tokyo yesterday when i was figuring out what to do next to continue the story. I saved outside his door and i had to keep dashboarding until he didn't get a first strike, after i finally got to go first it was cake. I prefer the difficulty of nocturne, but i am still enjoying the game.
#15Kurama2Posted 7/26/2013 8:49:56 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
OhHiRenan posted...
It baffles me that people actually defend the fact that you can get wiped out so easily by an enemy getting the pre-emptive strike.

It baffles me how people can't stand letting the enemy have the exact same advantages as the players get. It is sad when people can't play without a handicap.

There is nothing wrong with it but when both sides kill each other immediately it lakes away almost all strategy
---
Leaf
#16LightHawKnightPosted 7/26/2013 8:52:07 PM
Kurama2 posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
OhHiRenan posted...

There is nothing wrong with it but when both sides kill each other immediately it lakes away almost all strategy

No it does not. It makes it even more strategic. You have to plan for EVERYTHING and plan it well. It keeps you on your toes at all times, which is a good thing. The moment you let your guard down, you die. Simple as that.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#17Storm Chamber(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 8:54:57 PM
icefaii posted...
agility and luck too low son

40 each?

I'm level 32
---
"Sorry I get confused because the only two options on Gamefaqs are being an entitled whiner or bending over." - Gandalf the Istari
#18Kurama2Posted 7/26/2013 8:57:29 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Kurama2 posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
OhHiRenan posted...

No it does not. It makes it even more strategic. You have to plan for EVERYTHING and plan it well. It keeps you on your toes at all times, which is a good thing. The moment you let your guard down, you die. Simple as that.

I just spam a multi hit spell and everything dies in 1 hit though, not fun for me and it's been like this the entire game. Nocturne kept you on your toes but had some balance to it at least and you could at least feel a sense of progression.
---
Leaf
#19Rasen543Posted 7/26/2013 8:57:58 PM
FScell posted...
It's really quite broken on either side. If I get a preemptive I can destroy just about anything with Flynns turn alone. If ambushed then I'll usually be forced to Trafuri and revive half of my party.

No, bad design is when one side or the other can do it but the other side can't.
---
Official Kodama of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
I review stuff! http://www.youtube.com/user/RasenReviews
#20Storm Chamber(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 8:58:54 PM
FScell posted...

And people know this too but they love to act dumb due to game specific board hype.

I really like the game but it's really crap at times
---
"Sorry I get confused because the only two options on Gamefaqs are being an entitled whiner or bending over." - Gandalf the Istari