Tournament Prelims

#1Toan_SanPosted 7/27/2013 12:02:07 PM
I am at level 35 with a Medusa, Vidofnir, and a Lailah in my party. I tried the Tournament Prelims Challenge Quest, and I keep getting decimated. Do you guys have any difficulty with this quest. The enemy always strikes first and gets lucky with critical hits and what not and puts me at a huge disadvantage.
Help?
#2MikeDanger1Posted 7/27/2013 12:08:42 PM
Watch their elements in their attacks carefully and try to use demons that resist or counter that, and also equipment, have someone with media on the team. I did it without buffs cause I needed the mp since you have to fight them all at once. But sukujaka and sukunda work as well.

Or you could level up and do something else for a while and try again later.

Good luck.
#3LightHawKnightPosted 7/27/2013 12:10:07 PM
Just find a demon that can null fire, or drain it, or Black Frost. That shall help a lot, since many of the demons there use fire spells.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#4Plasma EXEPosted 7/27/2013 12:16:33 PM(edited)
Status moves like Lullaby are really effective in shutting down all of the contestants demons if you have trouble taking them down in one turn. It won't work on the summoner though, but you can easily have the team waste up to 3 turns. Pandemic bomb makes you take their attacks a lot better too. Make sure whatever weakness MC has is covered by another demon with a repel, drain, or null to that element. Or you can just come back to the quest later which I did since I attempted it in mid level 20's and got destroyed.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336