Finished chaos path questions about Neutral (spoilers)

#1jmitnickPosted 7/28/2013 7:45:03 AM
I really like this game, but I don't know if I want to devote another 40 hours or whatever it would take to do newgame+ and go neutral. With that said, had a couple questions,

1) Is there something "more" to burroughs? Because sometimes she seems to have personality or more insight than just an AI.

2) What's the deal with the little girl? (not hikaru, I know what she is)

3) What's the deal with the Stephen guy?

4) Do you ever meet "god" in any paths or talk to him, or is the closest you get is Merkabah?

5) Is it ever explained what exactly the Eastern Kingdom of Mikado is? I mean we've got like a more or less "real world" Tokyo, but then there's a "ceiling" and above that is Mikado...what's the deal with all that?

Thanks!
---
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
#2SMTFan123Posted 7/28/2013 7:52:10 AM
jmitnick posted...
I really like this game, but I don't know if I want to devote another 40 hours or whatever it would take to do newgame+ and go neutral. With that said, had a couple questions,

1) Is there something "more" to burroughs? Because sometimes she seems to have personality or more insight than just an AI.

2) What's the deal with the little girl? (not hikaru, I know what she is)

3) What's the deal with the Stephen guy?

4) Do you ever meet "god" in any paths or talk to him, or is the closest you get is Merkabah?

5) Is it ever explained what exactly the Eastern Kingdom of Mikado is? I mean we've got like a more or less "real world" Tokyo, but then there's a "ceiling" and above that is Mikado...what's the deal with all that?

Thanks!

1) Burroughs is actually the goddess of Tokyo.

2) The little girl is the goddess, but in a weakened form because of the ceiling on Tokyo.

3) He created Burroughs. Other than that, a complete mystery.

4) Merkabah is the closest you get.

5) Not really sure, honestly.
---
The official Lilith of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#3BloodCurvePosted 7/28/2013 8:03:22 AM(edited)
The Neutral Path might give a little more hints on how Mikado came to be, but it never confirms exactly,

Mikado was most likely established by Akira, the game hints to it once or twice. 20 years ago Tokyo time, a kid Akira that somehow had the Demon Summing App wanted to go to above the ceiling as it seems his sister was put in one of Cocoon things and went with the Angels.

It's implied that time in Tokyo flows slower than above ground when one of the Samurai's mentioned it seemed as if he had been only Tokyo for a short while, but in Mikado it seems quite a bit has changed.
#4jmitnick(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 8:14:08 AM
Alright, cool thanks for the answers!
---
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
#5DynamicJumpIuffPosted 7/28/2013 8:17:56 AM(edited)
BloodCurve posted...
The Neutral Path might give a little more hints on how Mikado came to be, but it never confirms exactly,

Mikado was most likely established by Akira, the game hints to it once or twice. 20 years ago Tokyo time, a kid Akira that somehow had the Demon Summing App wanted to go to above the ceiling as it seems his sister was put in one of Cocoon things and went with the Angels.

It's implied that time in Tokyo flows slower than above ground when one of the Samurai's mentioned it seemed as if he had been only Tokyo for a short while, but in Mikado it seems quite a bit has changed.

K says that Tokyo seems familiar to him in the Neutral ending. I think it's probably the result of angel brainwashing to some extent.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#6AngelVanishedPosted 7/28/2013 8:51:19 AM(edited)
I can answer 5 with a decent amount of confidence, although I might be wrong about a few things.

Basically, YHVH got pissed, as he always does (dunno why though). He wanted to do a purge a la Great Flood (harkening back to SMT1 :P), but didn't want to completely purge a la Megido Ark/Kuzuryu, so he gathered pure of heart, innocent and pious people and loaded them into the cocoon (an ark). He shot the cocoon into the sky, and somehow proceeded to blast (either using God's Lightning or something similar, like the ICBMs) away at Tokyo. However, a native Japanese God (I think it's either Masakado or possibly Burroughs) raised the Firmament to protect Tokyo, and succeeded.

That's all I've gotten thus far.
---
The official Tiamat of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.