The only reason Person 3 and 4 are popular.

#11kratoscar2008Posted 7/30/2013 8:34:14 AM
TC might have a point as i was one myself, and that was the reason i liked P3&P4 as well.

But i think the popularity falls on the waifus.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/forum.php Vic is baaaack.
#12Samsaric_Spiral(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 8:35:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13Dragon of the NetherPosted 7/30/2013 8:35:48 AM
Are you sure it isn't because they're fun?
#14Samsaric_Spiral(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 8:39:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15AngelVanishedPosted 7/30/2013 8:41:34 AM
In the same vein of reasoning, I have to ask: do you consider yourself and all other users of any form of media escapists?
---
Black and white? This is SMT, it'll have you painting a Picasso! - IVIasterJay
#16OpheliaAdenadePosted 7/30/2013 8:41:58 AM
*rolls eyes* you are over thinking it. I don't think you are anywhere near qualified enough to psychoanalyze people based on the games they enjoy.

I know plenty of people who enjoy the games for the gameplay rather than the social links. And having played P3P, the social links are hardly a good simulator of real life interaction with people.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#17samplonPosted 7/30/2013 8:46:07 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
*rolls eyes* you are over thinking it. I don't think you are anywhere near qualified enough to psychoanalyze people based on the games they enjoy.

I know plenty of people who enjoy the games for the gameplay rather than the social links. And having played P3P, the social links are hardly a good simulator of real life interaction with people.
#18FabuIousPosted 7/30/2013 8:48:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#19Samsaric_Spiral(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 8:50:15 AM(edited)
OpheliaAdenade posted...

You don't know my credentials, and psychoanalysis is not acceptable anymore. I am a neuroscientist with an anthropologist as a friend. I am not trying to solidify my claim and make it 100 percent acceptable at this time, but I am asking people to consider it. I do not care about doing any anthropological studies on the relevant subcultures either, for I do not care enough.

Couldn't conditioned sensibilities, unconscious desires, or whatever motivate why we enjoy the gameplay? And how can you separate the social links from Persona 3 and 4's gameplay when it is an integral part of them?

While I doubt the fact you enjoy Persona 3 and 4, I feel as if it's the case for the majority of people, since strengthening social links make up a big portion of the gameplay, and one must sit through endless character drivel about trivial social stuff.
#20dadkwasherePosted 7/30/2013 8:49:45 AM
I enjoyed Persona 3's story and dungeon crawling gameplay.
The sim features to me were ok, but it was each of the characters STORIES that made it worth it.

DAT smoking, drinking monk.
---
"Sorry you have to die today, I promise we'll change things soon"-a certain tales protagonist. Punished Snake approves.