The only reason Person 3 and 4 are popular.

#281NeoMillenniumPosted 7/30/2013 8:09:12 PM
sevihaimerej posted...

I did. I don't think it too relevant to the first post, and I rather not engage in philosophical debate. Everyone's wrong in the end.
---
3DS Friend Code : 2938-5966-4490
#282metalmariolordPosted 7/30/2013 8:27:21 PM
Aren't you talking about Pokemon?
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#283sevihaimerejPosted 7/30/2013 8:28:31 PM
NeoMillennium posted...
sevihaimerej posted...

I did. I don't think it too relevant to the first post, and I rather not engage in philosophical debate. Everyone's wrong in the end.

Philosophical conflict is more relevant to this series than the original intended purpose of this topic, that's basically what this whole series is about. I think TC gave up on that idea due to the flaming...too bad, it had potential. You presented your dissention respectfully though, so you get a reward. A new imaginary friend will arrive at your house next Tuesday, treat her well.
---
The Official Kartikeya of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#284RoguePersonaPosted 7/30/2013 8:32:04 PM
sevihaimerej posted...
NeoMillennium posted...
sevihaimerej posted...

Philosophical conflict is more relevant to this series than the original intended purpose of this topic, that's basically what this whole series is about. I think TC gave up on that idea due to the flaming...too bad, it had potential. You presented your dissention respectfully though, so you get a reward. A new imaginary friend will arrive at your house next Tuesday, treat her well.

Do I get one too? The last one I had called me names, and stole my toaster struddle...
#285neostelar0629Posted 7/30/2013 8:41:09 PM
I also agree with your statement to a point. I however am not going to judge you and make my own assumptions but I will say this: People are separated and secluded by their own choices. That which separates people only makes them stronger. I do believe that the US and Japan are alienated, however just stating that it is only them might have been a mistake on your part. People around the world are alienated in different ways and for different reasons. I personally believe that games such as Persona 3 and 4 provide a sort of comfort to people who are not very good at speaking out and connecting with other people (such as myself) and it also gives people that can connect with other people easily a chance to see things in a different light. The feeling of comfort that one gets from playing video games differs from person to person and while making a generalization like your first post might have set you up for failure with a majority of the readers, I might (don't quote me on this) have some form of impact on them about how video games like these affect them. Also note, I am only 18 and can only provide the knowledge that I have and what I have gathered from analyzing what you and the other people who have posted have said. I am not perfect and I am uncertain how other people might react to my opinion but I feel that everyone's opinion matters.
---
3DS FC: 0903 - 2787 - 6804
#286sevihaimerejPosted 7/30/2013 8:51:34 PM
RoguePersona posted...
sevihaimerej posted...
NeoMillennium posted...
sevihaimerej posted...

Do I get one too? The last one I had called me names, and stole my toaster struddle...

Sure, and I assure you it will be well mannered.
---
The Official Kartikeya of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#287xio323Posted 7/30/2013 8:51:59 PM
wow bro. you're getting in too deep with this and that's a shallow assumption that people who enjoy these games have no "real" social contact
i personally love the persona series. persona 3 and 4 are amongst my top games.
I'm a nurse, so it's my job to talk with people. It's kind of crucial to talk with your patient's so that they can trust you. would you hand your life to a nurse if they didn't talk to you and you couldn't trust them or have a good relationship with them? just saying. i hang with my buddies every weekend and we'll go hit up a bar or something as well. point is- people can have social lives and enjoy these games.

persona isn't even that popular. and people enjoy these games simply because they're enjoyable. or they just enjoy anime and turn-based rpgs.