Yet another Alice build topic

#1AdamantRockPosted 8/3/2013 10:40:04 PM
So I plan on doing a New Recruit restart, and before I do I plan to finally fuse my perfect Alice to stick on Spotpass. I've got all the Skill Slot apps, Demon Stats + apps and high level moves unlocked and would like some feedback on my prospective build:

Die for Me!
Antichton
Concentrate
Salvation
Mana Surge
Life Surge
Repel Physical
Enduring Soul

Any thoughts? I deliberately omitted the Elemental Repels, as magic can't yield a press turn on her and Alice's slots are limited (also they tend to trigger Almighty spam from fiends and superbosses). Concentrate is there to conserve MP for Antichton (which hits hard and debuffs, thus no Debilitate) and though I have a dedicated healing/support demon in my Compendium, Salvation still seems good to have on many demons in a pinch. Repel Physical stops her from yielding press turns to the enemy and the rest are self-explanatory. Any big problems? Any suggestions? (I have none of the paid DLC, if that matters.) Alice is my favorite Demon/Persona/Noise/whatever; She's incredibly cute, nulls all ailments, has no weaknesses and has decent magic attack. I want to take her to the post game and also use her to nuke random mobs; all help would be appreciated.
---
Now Playing: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Up Next: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
#2mongopikisPosted 8/3/2013 10:42:51 PM
Die For Me! is a waste of a slot. Anything that doesn't die to Anticthon isn't likely to die to Die For Me!, and your MC will generally kill them off in the first turn anyway. Dekunda, Luster Candy or any other decent support move as replacements aren't bad. Even Invitation is an option since you have Enduring Soul to keep her alive.
#3AdamantRock(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 10:51:05 PM
Point taken on Die for Me! I guess I just had a hard time parting with her signature move, even though it isn't really useful at this point. Any thoughts on Repel Phys? In your opinion, is it worth it even though she resists physical attacks? Do you think I could do anything better with Life/Mana Surge?
---
#4All-icePosted 8/3/2013 11:08:10 PM
AdamantRock posted...
Point taken on Die for Me! I guess I just had a hard time parting with her signature move, even though it isn't really useful at this point. Any thoughts on Repel Phys? In your opinion, is it worth it even though she resists physical attacks? Do you think I could do anything better with Life/Mana Surge?

Life Surge is a MUST. She has really low Hp as a Mp type demon. Mana Surge is ok, but I never found myself needing more Mp since I usually win with around 100 Mp left.

Yes, I have a Alice at 99. Mine is more offensive so I can't help on yours since yours seems to be more of a supportive type.
---
I would go lesbian for Nozomi's voice actress(Laura Bailey). Her voice is so hot :D
#5AdamantRock(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 11:27:31 PM
I'm ditching Die for Me! This is what I've got:

Antichton
Concentrate
Salvation
Luster Candy / Dekaja / Dekunda / Silent Prayer (don't know yet)
Mana Surge
Life Surge
Repel Physical
Enduring Soul

Anything I'm missing? Final opinions about the fourth slot? She's mostly just supposed to hit hard with Antichton; She's a glass cannon, hence the passive skills I've chosen. Salvation and the fourth slot are mostly for emergencies. Regarding the DLC, does anyone know if Ancient Day's Mind Charge can be fused to someone else? If so, I might just wait.
---
#6All-icePosted 8/3/2013 11:40:02 PM
Seems good to me.

The 4th slot should be whatever your team doesn't have covered. Also Have someone with Doping as Alice needs all the Hp she can get.
---
"You never know the true value of a moment, until it becomes a memory"
#7BadKarma_JTPosted 8/3/2013 11:48:16 PM
Lilith > Alice for mp type demons :P
---
We can live like Jack and Sally if we want..Where you can always find me.. and We'll have Halloween on Christmas!
#8TerminusEdgePosted 8/3/2013 11:52:21 PM
Alice makes a good Invitation user for countering some of the Fiends' strategies due to her innate resistances to instant-kills and ailments. Those being Pale Rider and Trumpeter, off the top of my head.
#9All-icePosted 8/3/2013 11:52:58 PM
BadKarma_JT posted...

Alice is cuter, I share the same name with her and she is voiced by Laura Bailey.

You lose :)

Will you die for me?
---
"You never know the true value of a moment, until it becomes a memory"
#10AdamantRock(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 12:31:20 AM
All-ice posted...
BadKarma_JT posted...

Alice is cuter, I share the same name with her and she is voiced by Laura Bailey.

You lose :)

Will you die for me?

Alice is too adorable! I wub her wots ^_^

TerminusEdge posted...
Alice makes a good Invitation user for countering some of the Fiends' strategies due to her innate resistances to instant-kills and ailments. Those being Pale Rider and Trumpeter, off the top of my head.

If Alice knowing Invitation would help against the fiends, I'll put it in the fourth slot. Typically I don't give Recarm series spells to low HP demons 'cause they die too easily, but between her ailment immunities (necessary against the fiends) and the passive skills I gave her, I think that shouldn't be too great a danger.
---