Neutral Route, Y U NO... (spoilers)

#1ViewtifulGenePosted 8/9/2013 5:40:10 AM
Neutral Route, Y U No final boss? Y U recycle Law & Chaos final bosses for players that'll be overleveled from all the questing?
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#2penguin_knightPosted 8/9/2013 5:42:54 AM
LOL, yes, I remember I was like "Where is da boss?" and then I felt something under my shoe. I checked it and found that I just stepped on and squished the boss without even knowing it, Wicked Witch of the East style.
---
My SMTIV info thread: www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/66751506
May the power of niyari be with you
#3xAzNFoRcExPosted 8/9/2013 5:44:43 AM
Yeah, I was surprised that the bosses were just the Law and Chaos bosses.
I was hoping you at least got to go against Masakado or something (I was thinking that they were going to make your hope as the final boss, crashing into your dreams)
---
3DS FC: 0430 8279 3215
AC:NL - Saito from The Void
#4penguin_knightPosted 8/9/2013 5:47:20 AM
xAzNFoRcEx posted...
Yeah, I was surprised that the bosses were just the Law and Chaos bosses.
I was hoping you at least got to go against Masakado or something (I was thinking that they were going to make your hope as the final boss, crashing into your dreams)

I actually was hoping it'd be my dearest AI. :) When she showed me the clear seashore I still have some hope that a final boss fight will happen... oh well.
---
My SMTIV info thread: www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/66751506
May the power of niyari be with you
#5LookAnglePosted 8/9/2013 5:52:29 AM
This is pretty common in the SMT series.

Neutral is basically always just beating the **** out of everyone.
#6ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 6:01:59 AM
Maybe I'd be fine with recycled bosses if any of them were noteworthy. I didn't mind it in SJ because the recycled boss was Mem Mother****ing Aleph.

I guess I was spoiled by Nocturne, where after rejecting all Reasons there was still a chance to take Lucy as the final boss.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#7Solar_CrimsonPosted 8/9/2013 6:08:39 AM
I guess that's another throwback to SMT1, where I believe both of the final bosses were just the final bosses of the Law and Chaos routes, Michael and Asura.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#8LookAnglePosted 8/9/2013 6:09:25 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Maybe I'd be fine with recycled bosses if any of them were noteworthy. I didn't mind it in SJ because the recycled boss was Mem Mother****ing Aleph.

I guess I was spoiled by Nocturne, where after rejecting all Reasons there was still a chance to take Lucy as the final boss.

Technically, Lucifer wasn't really the 'Neutral' final boss. He was the more the Chaos final boss. In Nocturne, siding with any of the Reasons is a Law ending, rejecting them and either maintaining the Vortex World or waging war on God are the Chaos endings, and returning the old world is the Neutral ending. Which you can't get if you follow Lucifer's Call to the end.

Any which way, you pretty much always got the same final fights.
#9ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 6:11:52 AM
LookAngle posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

Technically, Lucifer wasn't really the 'Neutral' final boss. He was the more the Chaos final boss. In Nocturne, siding with any of the Reasons is a Law ending, rejecting them and either maintaining the Vortex World or waging war on God are the Chaos endings, and returning the old world is the Neutral ending. Which you can't get if you follow Lucifer's Call to the end.

Any which way, you pretty much always got the same final fights.

I know. The point was, it still gave you something to do after defeating all the major figureheads you would've encountered anyway.
---
#10throwingshapes9Posted 8/9/2013 6:17:06 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...

I got so excited when I saw her statue in the Ring of Gaea temple place. I thought she was gonna wake up and wreck the place again eventually. Or at least be an optional boss.
---
3DS FC: 4768-7807-9807
Currently playing: SMT IV, AC:NL, The Last of Us