Is there a reason why they made Walter so much more Likable? (Spoilers)

#1360pagesPosted 8/31/2013 7:09:26 PM
I don't hate Jonathan or anything, but I simply found Walter more likable, perhaps it's because I'm more closer to Chaos than Law, but a lot of thing he said early one made sense (Before he went crazy near the end.) While a lot of moments I wanted to slap Jonathan for not even thinking.

It's weird, but a lot of people here probably feel the same, even if they sided with law most of them found Jonathan kind of stupid at times.

Which is kind of disappointing, it seemed that they were really trying to make Jonathan likable, and he is, but they kind of tripped up. Or maybe it's because Walter has more with the common man.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#2Tatsu751Posted 8/31/2013 7:15:53 PM
Iunno. Jonathan's a pretty cool guy when you first meet him, though he still had some hidden minor higher class ideas.

I think Walter's more likable early on is because, generally speaking, he's a bro. And everyone likes bros.
#3wind64aPosted 8/31/2013 7:19:57 PM
It seems that they gave Law the short end of the stick ...again.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#4rubberchickenPosted 8/31/2013 7:34:45 PM
Statistically speaking, you're much more likely to be from a background similar to Walter's than Jonathan's.
---
VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
#5HermeticJusticePosted 8/31/2013 7:39:00 PM
in the dream sequence you meet Walter first and after being a samurai you meet Walter first
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#6Kamui ArchetypePosted 8/31/2013 7:42:06 PM
Nah, I found myself wanting to punch Walter at his most stupid points while I just rolled my eyes at Jonathan at his most stupid points. Though they are both likeable enough.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"- Super Paper Mario
FFIII Friend Code: 236315300212
#71998_zPosted 8/31/2013 9:50:12 PM
Uhh, do you want short answer or long answer? I can only give the short answer though:

Chaos favoritism.
---
Official Nozomi and Trumpeter of the SMT4 board.
The sole rule of any videogamer is to save save save. Especially when something rare happens. - LightHawKnight
#8Cheesepower5Posted 8/31/2013 10:02:28 PM
Walter deals meth with his burn out student and doesn't afraid of anything.
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#9Model_OmegaPosted 8/31/2013 10:08:57 PM
It's not that Walter is significantly more likeable (though I think he is), it's more that Jonathan is Honour Before Reason/Lawful Stupid.
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
#10TheBeastWithinPosted 8/31/2013 11:47:03 PM
Walter was cool at first but once he started to get into that obnoxious "the strong should push around the weak and make the rules" he got irritating fast. Then once he starting saying how the weak didn't even deserve to live, well, he was pretty thoroughly detestable at that point. Jonathan was a little annoying but he never got as low as Walter.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!