What would be a reason for a Demon missing repeated attacks?

#1hereforemnantPosted 9/12/2013 3:54:16 PM
I was hunting down the three Sacred Treasures for later since I know what they're for, and in fighting one of them, my Demon Cu Chulainn was unable to land any blows. I targeted it's fire weakness, missing all three Agi variants, tried a regular hit, then another element that it wasn't resistant to and that also missed.

So 5 attacks missed, and I have no evidence as to why, the enemy had not boosted it's evasion, and mine was not lowered, he was just missing for absolutely no reason. Like the RNG determined that he was just not allowed to land a hit.

What happened here? The fight could have gone very badly, but he ended up dying to a Glacial Blast because of the Press Turn system and my other Demons being resistant to Ice.
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
3DS Friend Code: FC: 0318-7199-1150
#2Flame552Posted 9/12/2013 4:01:48 PM
hereforemnant posted...
I was hunting down the three Sacred Treasures for later since I know what they're for, and in fighting one of them, my Demon Cu Chulainn was unable to land any blows. I targeted it's fire weakness, missing all three Agi variants, tried a regular hit, then another element that it wasn't resistant to and that also missed.

So 5 attacks missed, and I have no evidence as to why, the enemy had not boosted it's evasion, and mine was not lowered, he was just missing for absolutely no reason. Like the RNG determined that he was just not allowed to land a hit.

What happened here? The fight could have gone very badly, but he ended up dying to a Glacial Blast because of the Press Turn system and my other Demons being resistant to Ice.

Does Cu Chulainn have particularly low agility? IIRC, AGL is responsible for both hit and evade rate in this game.

Besides that, I guess you were just unlucky?
#3hereforemnant(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 5:00:14 PM
Flame552 posted...
Besides that, I guess you were just unlucky?

Nope, he has steady even stats at 56, just incredibly unlucky apparently.

I changed him to Kresnik since I had gotten to 56, but that was still pretty odd. I've never felt it more like the game really just didn't want me to connect an attack.
---
#4fatelordPosted 9/12/2013 5:56:52 PM
Draconic Reaction ..
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#5hereforemnant(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 6:04:05 PM
fatelord posted...
Draconic Reaction ..

Is that a skill native to only Dragon enemies or can it be hereditary in any other enemy variant?
---
#6ZeroX91Posted 9/12/2013 6:07:08 PM
If I get hit am I just going to stand there and let it happen again? :p
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWef0Ic_QE
#7Flame552Posted 9/12/2013 6:32:05 PM
hereforemnant posted...
fatelord posted...
Draconic Reaction ..

Is that a skill native to only Dragon enemies or can it be hereditary in any other enemy variant?

It's a passive skill that "Greatly Increases Hit/Evade Rate"

It's an inherent +2 Sukukaja (so inherent +2 Hit/Evade)

The lesser version is Beastly Reaction, which is an inherent +1 Sukukaja

The earliest demon I think I saw with it was...Long, I think. The level 41 blue dragon you unlock in a challenge quest early in the game in Mikado.

http://erikku.github.io/smt4tool/
^You can use that to be sure.

I don't remember what the percentage equivalent is to +2 Sukukaja, but there's also Haste Lesson, which is a passive skill that simply adds +20 AGL.
#8hereforemnant(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 7:04:33 PM
Flame552 posted...
hereforemnant posted...
fatelord posted...
Draconic Reaction ..

It's a passive skill that "Greatly Increases Hit/Evade Rate"

It's an inherent +2 Sukukaja (so inherent +2 Hit/Evade)

The lesser version is Beastly Reaction, which is an inherent +1 Sukukaja

The earliest demon I think I saw with it was...Long, I think. The level 41 blue dragon you unlock in a challenge quest early in the game in Mikado.

http://erikku.github.io/smt4tool/
^You can use that to be sure.

I don't remember what the percentage equivalent is to +2 Sukukaja, but there's also Haste Lesson, which is a passive skill that simply adds +20 AGL.

Bookmarked that page ha, very useful table and it will save me time when I've been using the Wiki when looking up weaknesses and such.

Also it hadn't used Sukukaja or had either of those reactions, else another character would have missed as well, only Cu Chulainn was the one missing which is what's odd.
---