Another Fiend Hunting Rage Topic.

#1RailgunnerXPosted 9/18/2013 7:29:14 PM
So on the plus side i managed to get Matador and Red Rider with moderate reloading amounts. I have been trying to get White Rider to appear now for 5 hours and nothing. The worst part is back when I made my first run through of the game (On Playthrough 3 now) and I had no idea how rare a Fiend encounter was, I managed to get him to show up by complete fluke. I almost beat him but he spammed Megidolaon like crazy. Then I read up on the rarity of the Fiend battles and just lost my ****. All I had to do was die and revive myself but at the time I did not know that would work.

My team now could easily mop the floor with Whitey but I cannot get him to show up now. Makes me feel so stupid for resetting after getting killed (Which I did mostly so I wouldn't have to go through the long cutscene).

The method I am using is to get to the area before Ginza Shopping District B and doing the DLC reload trick. Once I abandon the quest and then proceed into Shopping District and head straight up the road, doing a loop beside the manhole to make sure I covered that side of the intersection. How long did it take some you guys to get him to show up because I am beginning to think I am doing something wrong or the game just hates me for getting Matador and Red Rider early on.
---
GT: Cheap Pop Man
#2MerihimPosted 9/18/2013 7:49:32 PM
For me it tooks(I defeat them by this order on my 1st playthrough)

-Matador 1.5hrs
-White Rider 0.5hrs
-Red Rider 3hrs
-Pale Rider 3hrs
-Trumpeter 1hrs
-Chemtrail 1hrs
-Black Rider 3hrs

Total around 13hrs.
#3RailgunnerX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 7:52:57 PM
So far for me:
Matador: About an hour
Red Rider: Hour and a half roughly.
White Rider (so far): 5 and a half hours. :(
---
#4MerihimPosted 9/18/2013 7:59:28 PM
It's really a pure matter of luck.
The Red and Pale rider pissed me so much after the first which were found easily.
#5RailgunnerX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 8:20:27 PM
Yeah, gives me bad memories of Phantasy Star Online drop rates for rare items. Should at least be same odds as a Fusion Accident for getting Fiend Battles imo.
---
#6TheBeastWithinPosted 9/18/2013 8:47:44 PM
They really did drop the ball with the fiend rarity. By the time you are a high level they are the only fun fights remaining but they aren't really worth the time it takes to find them. It took me about 2 hours for white rider, which I consider reasonable compared to some of the others.

1 in 100 odds would still have been rare but would have been reasonable. They clearly did not have fun in mind when designing this part of the game, and that's a big mistake for any game creator.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#7RailgunnerX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 9:35:39 PM
What method did you use for finding him? I keep running until I get next to the 2nd manhole and then loop back slightly to make sure I hit the right spot.

1/100 would have been much more reasonable.
---
#8HermeticJusticePosted 9/18/2013 9:57:48 PM
TheBeastWithin posted...
They really did drop the ball with the fiend rarity. By the time you are a high level they are the only fun fights remaining but they aren't really worth the time it takes to find them. It took me about 2 hours for white rider, which I consider reasonable compared to some of the others.

1 in 100 odds would still have been rare but would have been reasonable. They clearly did not have fun in mind when designing this part of the game, and that's a big mistake for any game creator.

Atlus: We get off on your tears
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#9RailgunnerX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 10:02:45 PM
Now on almost 8 hours. Starting to feel like saying **** it for completing the compendium. Even when I manage to get all the Fiends, still got the Fusion Accident Famed to acquire. -_-
---
#10pkingdomPosted 9/18/2013 10:46:07 PM
I've been trying for days to get Chemtrail to spawn!
---
YAAAYYYY!!!! IT BURNS!-----GIR, from Invader Zim. Get the cool shoeshine
Best battle music in a videogame ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sON9SYIIqo