I'm really not liking this game so far...

#31Halladay32(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 11:41:45 AM
Okay, so I took down the Minotaur...But I'm still not out of the woods, yet? There's still one more boss before things get more fair? If so, is it worse or easier than the Minotaur?
---
"Your nose is just a little closer to me than your ears."
#32rubberchickenPosted 10/7/2013 12:03:58 PM
The next boss is literally like two screens away. Luckily there's a terminal between them, so you can warp back to the surface (and back down again).

The next boss is probably about on par with Minotaur in terms of difficulty. I basically went straight from one to the next without stopping to grind or anything, but I also knew what I was getting into. Tactics should be pretty similar (different elemental weakness, though).
---
VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
#33Halladay32(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 12:14:37 PM
Which element is it? I'd rather plan out in advance then just mess around until I get it (I really hope you don't say Zan...I just got rid of that spell on my MC). And is Sukunda still recommended? I managed to beat the Minotaur without it, but I'll have to grind up a level to get it, since the only demon I've seen with it is one that is a level higher than me that I can fuse.
---
#34rubberchickenPosted 10/7/2013 1:38:11 PM
Yep, it's Zan.

And Sukukaja is much easier to get than Sukunda. Demons who are resistant against lightning and/or gun attacks are also a good idea (the more resistant the better).
---
VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
#35Halladay32(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 6:00:48 PM
Okay, I managed to defeat Medusa on my first try with barely any issues at all, even though my demon set-up wasn't the greatest for her (seriously, at this point in the game, I couldn't find any useful demons with Zan anywhere...). Thanks for the tips, buying the lightning-resistant armor in advance helped a lot :) Yay, I'm past the frustrating section apparently!

Two last, quick questions: I figure the answer is yes, but is Sukukaja/Sukunda useful throughout the game? And how far in the game am I? I doubt I'll be able to finish it before Pokemon X is released, but I'm still curious.
---
#36SaintparaPosted 10/7/2013 6:47:57 PM
Halladay32 posted...
Okay, I managed to defeat Medusa on my first try with barely any issues at all, even though my demon set-up wasn't the greatest for her (seriously, at this point in the game, I couldn't find any useful demons with Zan anywhere...). Thanks for the tips, buying the lightning-resistant armor in advance helped a lot :) Yay, I'm past the frustrating section apparently!

Two last, quick questions: I figure the answer is yes, but is Sukukaja/Sukunda useful throughout the game? And how far in the game am I? I doubt I'll be able to finish it before Pokemon X is released, but I'm still curious.

1/4 maybe? You could rush it pretty easily, but... don't do neutral if you wanna rush. Neutral has this long, tedious, pointlessly excessive section...
---
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd
"Is there a barista in here? Because this roast just got DARK!" - Andy Samberg
#37Sir_HaxorPosted 10/7/2013 8:04:33 PM
If you don't plan on playing this game again for awhile but want to beat it faster just the feeling of doing do, I suggest you get the Chaos ending. It's the most satisfying and doesn't have the extra tedious section of Neutral. Law ending will make you regret it and Bad ending is bad.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#381998_zPosted 10/8/2013 1:14:04 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
If you don't plan on playing this game again for awhile but want to beat it faster just the feeling of doing do, I suggest you get the Chaos ending. It's the most satisfying and doesn't have the extra tedious section of Neutral. Law ending will make you regret it and Bad ending is bad.

And this is coming from a Chaos lover.

Neutral is the best although longest. Both Chaos and Law isn't worth it unless you're a perfectionist and want to get the demons.
---
Official Nozomi and Trumpeter of the SMT4 board.
The sole rule of any videogamer is to save save save. Especially when something rare happens. - LightHawKnight
#39Sir_HaxorPosted 10/8/2013 7:21:51 AM
1998_z posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...

And this is coming from a Chaos lover.

Neutral is the best although longest. Both Chaos and Law isn't worth it unless you're a perfectionist and want to get the demons.

It has nothing to do with me being a "Chaos lover". Neutral ending being the best is subjective, this isn't SMT2 where clearly one alignment is best (it was chaos btw). I already added that it was the longest but the fact that this game is so easy means that it may just comes off as tedious to some people.

I doubt TC will be focusing on the challenge quests anyway meaning he's going to have to go back and do them all, which is counter-intuitive if he wants to just get the game over with faster and come back to it later. For a faster playthrough Chaos is more satisfying than Law and Bad.

Stop turning everything into an alignment war -_-
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#40Halladay32(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 12:18:44 PM
I'm not going to go for any specific ending -- I did that with Devil Survivor Overclocked, but found that I would much rather just answer questions and do things as I would if I was in that situation.

And I don't necessarily want to rush through the game, I plan on doing a fair number of the quests. I just doubted that I'd be able to finish a playthrough in the next week and wanted to know if that was the case or not.
---