Do you think they are planning to fix the difficulty curve?

#1BlackSheepWallsPosted 11/13/2013 3:09:42 PM
I heared that this game has big problems with getting too easy in the middle and in Devil survivor Overclocked they actually fixed alot things. Do you think they will enhance the EU version and patch the other ones?
#2Solar_CrimsonPosted 11/13/2013 3:44:53 PM(edited)
Doubtful. Many SMT games are harder early on, but get easier as you go on since you have way more options.

Cases in point: Persona 4 (Shadow Yukiko is considered to be the hardest required boss in the game), Devil Survivor (Beldr on Day 3), and Nocturne (f***ing Matador).
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
3DS FC: 1504-6082-4629 | PSN: SolarCrimson
#3BlackSheepWalls(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 3:55:09 PM
Solar_Crimson posted...
Doubtful. Many SMT games are harder early on, but get easier as you go on since you have way more options.

Cases in point: Persona 4 (Shadow Yukiko is considered to be the hardest required boss in the game), Devil Survivor (Beldr on Day 3), and Nocturne (f***ing Matador).

Matador is like Beldr, but at least in Devil Survivor they give you the thing that can kill him. In SMT3 you need a radom demon that you need to level up XD
#4Shadow_Master_JPosted 11/13/2013 4:31:22 PM
Solar_Crimson posted...

Exactly, but even then, this game falls of hard later. There are a few powerful bosses, but they have some dumb moves, and the game proceeds to give you even stronger demons to beat them. Yamato-Takeru, for example, as if it wasn't enough that he "wastes" his turns using Cross-Dressing, but right when you're about to fight him, you can fuse Alice! Yay, Debilitate everywhere!

Tenkai and Kenji are the only bosses in Tokyo that gave me a bit of trouble, but couldn't manage to beat me. (Tenkai because he casts double Megidos and has Anti-All; Kenji because Ancient Curse + Deceit Chain hits like a truck, and is troll as f***)

In the other games, most bosses had an ace trick or a very OP exclusive move to make them relevant. Examples: Beast Eye Mot with Anti-Most on Nocturne; Namatame's Shadow controlling your allies on Persona 4; and who can forget both Ouroboros and Commander Gore on Strange Journey?

Some Full Moon Shadows on Persona 3; all Bels on Devil Survivor; and most Septentriones on Devil Survivor 2 had a very specific trick or attack that made them very problematic to fight unprepared.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#5eiyuuouPosted 11/13/2013 8:52:56 PM
spoiler

Tenkai was a poor dude for me instead. He was just in time for concentrate'd almighty shots.

Examples: Beast Eye Mot with Anti-Most on Nocturne

That is one non-existing mot example in nocturne. Mot is weak to elec and bolt storm with elec boost and makakaja tears Boss Mot apart.
---
I ponder, I feel, I desire. ...Shining One, who are you?
#6Solar_CrimsonPosted 11/13/2013 9:38:31 PM
Yeah, if I recall my Nocturne run correctly, Mot didn't give me too much trouble. Once I found his weakness, I exploited the crap out of it.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
3DS FC: 1504-6082-4629 | PSN: SolarCrimson
#7KGhaleonPosted 11/14/2013 8:15:17 AM
Difficult? I think easy mode was added for that.
---
Applejack is my waifu
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma0ep2JTQg1rat7t5o1_500.gif