Looking to buy this game, what can you tell me about it?

#11singhellotakuPosted 12/17/2013 8:19:08 AM
virtual_maniac posted...
First off the 2DS is a 3DS without the 3D visuals -- you can play 3DS games with the 3D turned off anyway. I do believe that the other difference is that the 2DS is a single, non-foldable device. So it's a bit bigger than a folded up 3DS.

SMT 4 is a standalone game.

And to quote rubberchicken from: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/67993284

"[SMT 4 is] exactly like Pokemon, except that the Pokemon ask you for money and then try to kill you anyway."

Yep, SMT is basically a harder more mature pokemon with a better story....and by that I mean A story beyond pokemon's usual, take a lap around the island and then fight 4 people at the end in every game. X/Y seems to be much better about that so far though.
#12canton kidPosted 12/17/2013 7:20:05 PM
what can i tell you?

dont give up when your stuck at minotaur (myself and other have gotten stuck there, beating him is 30% skill and 70% chance that he dosnt use certain moves all at once and kill you in one turn)

because once you beat him, the game gets sooooooo good
---
psn/wiiu: flyingdragon_903
3ds: 0259-0302-8546
#13CogitoPosted 12/18/2013 9:23:08 AM
People get stuck at minotaur because they don't know how to deal with it effectively.
---
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
#14canton kidPosted 12/18/2013 5:00:06 PM
Cogito posted...
People get stuck at minotaur because they don't know how to deal with it effectively.

um no, maybe some people do... but not all... i spammed ice attacks, used my boosts properly and so many times he would wipe me out in one turn... i wasnt under leveled either, at the time i was like 12-14

he is quite a cheap boss if he wants to be, like i said... it takes skill, but its more luck on what moves he uses in a turn
---
psn/wiiu: flyingdragon_903
3ds: 0259-0302-8546
#15ZeroXravenPosted 12/30/2013 9:56:39 AM
canton kid posted...
Cogito posted...

um no, maybe some people do... but not all... i spammed ice attacks, used my boosts properly and so many times he would wipe me out in one turn... i wasnt under leveled either, at the time i was like 12-14

he is quite a cheap boss if he wants to be, like i said... it takes skill, but its more luck on what moves he uses in a turn

So strange that you say that about the Minotaur. I got stuck there months ago and got super mad after about the 8th try and rage quit. I may try to get into it again and hope for the best :P
#16eiyuuouPosted 12/30/2013 7:54:06 PM
Have you guys used buffs and debuffs properly?
Just using rakukaja isn't enough as rakukaja x3 doesn't reduce damage to below half
And watch out for war cry, it'll drop your AT and DF by one rank,
so you'll need another rakukaja to remove the defense down.

Round 1, use rakukaja x2 and fang breaker x2.
Round 2, use sukukaja or sukunda or both to drop the bull's accuracy.
Aftre beating the bull over 10 times, first round tends to be most risky.
If the bull uses labyrs strike, crit and get smirk, Flynn's days are numbered.

Avoid using low HP demons. They suck hard in early game bosses.
The bull just needs to crit to kill one of them.

Spriggan is a good demon for the boss. It resists physical.
---
I ponder, I feel, I desire. ...Shining One, who are you?
#17DarkRay117Posted 1/1/2014 8:44:27 PM
Buy. This. Game.
---
Currently playing: Tomb Raider, Pokemon Y, Ace Attorney DD.
"Worker, I will free you. So says Mr. Stewart." FC: 5086-1540-5893