This game is so difficult!!!

#11rubberchickenPosted 1/1/2014 8:18:13 AM
More that the playing field gets leveled a bit. In the main part of the game, enemies are still entirely capable of wiping you out in a single round if you make a mistake, but now you have the tools to do it to them as well.
---
VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
#12the_rowanPosted 1/1/2014 8:56:29 PM
The very beginning of the game is utter trash from a game balance perspective. Not even real difficulty, it's just horrible design. Literally had four battles in a row where I got my entire party wiped on an enemy preemptive before I could act before I was even able to get a full party, which took half a freaking hour because actually getting a party and not just having enemies leave/attack is completely random in the end.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#13xtakedaPosted 1/2/2014 6:13:06 AM
If you don't care about having luck play a big role in your gameplay then the best buff is the suku- for early game. It increases/decreases hit and evade. It makes sure you hit the mark and that you dodge incoming attacks. The dodging is really key early on and throughout the game because if you miss you lose 2 press turns. Things like that make physical monsters a breeze because no matter how many people they crit on your team as long as they miss ONLY 1 they lose turns. Same on your side though so keep that in mind.

So to recap:
-sukuja/sukunda makes you hit/dodge in turn making sure you keep all your press turns and making bosses lose 2 on dodges
-also buffs go up to +3/-3
-also make sure the party covers others weakness if they can't cover their own.
ex: you have a null (which does minus 2 turns) or drain/repel (that cancels their whole turn) put it in your team to cover weaknesses that you or other demons have this makes it more likely they wont get extra turns and lose a lot more turns.

This should help a lot in the beginning and midgame.

Oh and save before bosses if you get your butt beat don't let it be for nothing. Look at what attacks he does what element he uses and is weak to if any and arrange your team from there.
#14metamaraPosted 1/2/2014 7:03:37 AM
the_rowan posted...
The very beginning of the game is utter trash from a game balance perspective. Not even real difficulty, it's just horrible design. Literally had four battles in a row where I got my entire party wiped on an enemy preemptive before I could act before I was even able to get a full party, which took half a freaking hour because actually getting a party and not just having enemies leave/attack is completely random in the end.

In dungeon, Slash at the mob.
---
Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh
#15the_rowanPosted 1/2/2014 10:34:36 AM
metamara posted...
the_rowan posted...

In dungeon, Slash at the mob.

Yeah I know, but I hadn't had a chance to learn the timing yet since I'd had under five chances to actually try it out. I'd be a little late and automatically give the enemy the preemptive. Fortunately, once I reached about level 4 it stopped being an automatic game over and I was able to get the timing down. But a game over is way too punishing for something the player hasn't even had a chance to try before.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia