Which Route Did You Get on Your First Playthrough? (spoilers)

#1astrophysPosted 3/11/2014 7:13:02 AM
Which Route Did You Get on Your First Playthrough? And Did You Use a Guide to Do It? - Results (238 votes)
Nothingness, Did Not Use Guide
9.24% (22 votes)
Nothingness, Used Guide
2.94% (7 votes)
Law, Did Not Use Guide
23.11% (55 votes)
Law, Used Guide
2.52% (6 votes)
Neutral, Did Not Use Guide
27.31% (65 votes)
Neutral, Used Guide
12.18% (29 votes)
Chaos, Did Not Use Guide
21.43% (51 votes)
Chaos, Used Guide
1.26% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I myself just compiled a bunch of information from different guides to lead myself to neutral.

The funny thing is that there are a lot of contradictions between the guides on this where some make mistakes or omissions, which are pointed out elsewhere on these boards. Thus even if one was using a guide, its possible that they could mislead one to the wrong ending (relative to the one you wanted) if you didn't find the corrections that are scattered elsewhere on this site.
#2NextGenCowboyPosted 3/11/2014 7:34:00 AM
White with no guides, into Neutral with no guides.

Getting the white thing was a more a "I wonder what this will do", but I followed through with it anyway.
#3LobreiPosted 3/11/2014 7:37:18 AM
Nothingness, no guide, after which I reloaded the previous save and continued on to get the neutral path.

I didn't have to sell out my personal beliefs to lie to any questions or kill human gladiators to get that result, though when I realized I was coming up on the end, my party trying to pull itself apart, I started snapping at Walter and Jon every second I got a textual choice. I wandered back to the reactor with Walter, with no clue what he had in mind because the end result of that little venture felt like it came out of left field.

I wouldn't have normally agreed on the nothingness path but I just wanted to see what happened if I agreed with them, and that result is seriously disheartening, loved how the credits scrolled by the screen at the end as well because of it.
#4astrophys(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 4:12:46 PM
Although I used a guide, for the most part the choice I made were also my honest answers.

The guide helped verify my expectation that this would lead to Neutral, and also made me aware of any surprises with the alignment scores that would throw me off.
#5PrayingSeraphPosted 3/11/2014 4:23:01 PM
I answered honestly and got Law without any guides.
---
The Official Seraph and Amane Kuzuryu of the SMT IV board.
Love Thy Lord, Love Thy Neighbour, and Love Thyself
#6ForsoothiousPosted 3/11/2014 4:49:08 PM
PrayingSeraph posted...
I answered honestly and got Law without any guides.

This.
---
*ACE DETECTIVE!*
#7ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 3/11/2014 9:53:53 PM
Why, Chaos, of course. That's my preferred route.
#8YugiExodiaPosted 3/11/2014 10:08:03 PM
I played without any guide and answered the questions based on my own personality and point of view. Ended up being law. Though the ending might be good for the long term of humanity as a whole, i don't really like it.
#9PrayingSeraphPosted 3/11/2014 11:34:50 PM
YugiExodia posted...
I played without any guide and answered the questions based on my own personality and point of view. Ended up being law. Though the ending might be good for the long term of humanity as a whole, i don't really like it.

Ever lasting peace for mankind, where humble people cultivate the lands and raise happy joyful children is not good enough?
---
The Official Seraph and Amane Kuzuryu of the SMT IV board.
Love Thy Lord, Love Thy Neighbour, and Love Thyself
#10TytanHavokPosted 3/11/2014 11:36:51 PM
Havent beat the game yet, but im using a spoiler-free guide to go Neutral