Your Favorite National Defense Divinity (spoilers)

#1astrophysPosted 3/15/2014 5:14:28 PM
Which is your favorite National Defense Divinity from this game? - Results (72 votes)
Koga Saburo
33.33% (24 votes)
Tenkai
6.94% (5 votes)
Yaso Magatsuhi
19.44% (14 votes)
Omoikane
5.56% (4 votes)
Michizane
4.17% (3 votes)
Yamato Takeru
20.83% (15 votes)
Masakado
9.72% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
My vote is for Yamato Takeru.
#2AxtlarPosted 3/15/2014 5:45:56 PM
I think I've only seen like half of those in my playthrough.
---
PM for 3DS code/Steam ID.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg
#3astrophys(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 6:05:50 PM
Well, who did you go with at the route split?

You need to go with a specific character over the other to see Omoikane, Michizane, and Yamato Takeru in battle.
#4PrayingSeraphPosted 3/15/2014 8:58:48 PM
Yaso whatever

He made one of my favorite scenes, meow
---
The Official Seraph and Amane Kuzuryu of the SMT IV board.
Love Thy Lord, Love Thy Neighbour, and Love Thyself
#5terran3999999Posted 3/15/2014 9:19:17 PM
No man, you did it wrong, when saying his name, you gotta do it like this! Yaso Magatsuhi!

I picked Yamato Takeru, I don't really know why but I always liked the various legends surrounding him. Especially the one where he was able to cross dress so well and fool the enemies.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#6NextGenCowboyPosted 3/15/2014 10:32:14 PM
Omoikane is one of the redesigns I actually like. Koga Saboru, and Yamata Takeru are the only other two redesigns that I also enjoy.

But the answer is Yaso Magatsuhi, that claymation design is simply so out of place, but at the same time, he's one of the most memorable demons in the game.

Masakado's redesign is atrocious looking to me. From a stat-perspective he's awesome, and I do use him in my final party, but he;s ugly.
#7EPIC_FAIL999Posted 3/16/2014 12:35:17 AM
Koga Saburo,
He gets great artwork, and then Flynn can get that artwork w/ DLC armor...
---
3DS FC: 0705-2133-3947
#8Shadow_Master_JPosted 3/16/2014 2:15:10 PM
Yamato-Takeru for sure! That design is badass, while still looking quite human. Plus, those flashing eyes in his battle. Talk about an awesome callback.

Koga Saburo is a close second. His only flaw is that his weapons are two small knives... if only he had a spear or a sword...
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#9zeloswilder_fanPosted 3/16/2014 8:49:38 PM
Oh no...Liam O'brien is losing.
---
I'm not a native English speaker...but I had a very strict teacher.
#10astrophys(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 5:22:27 AM
Actually, I'd go so far to say that Yamato Takeru is my favorite demon in the game. I really like the design, he has good resistances, and his voice actor, Liam O'Brien, is one of my favorites.

Suffice to say that when I started a New Game+/Cycle 2 yesterday, I chose to bring Yamato Takeru along with me so that I could use my favorite from the start of the game.

Obviously, its VERY unbalanced to be brining a level 90 demon to the start of the game on NG+, but I've been finding it hilarious having Yamato Takeru trash the foes that made Naraku challenging in the first play through.

The set I'm using on him is as such:

Berserker God
Trisagion
Zandyne
Antichthon
Drain Phys
Repel Fire
Drain Force
Healing Knowhow

My choice of attack elements are an entirely INTENTIONAL homage to Naoto Shirogane's Yamato Takeru in Persona 4 Golden, as that Yamato Takeru also has physicals, fire, wind(force) and almighty in its basic skill set. Intentionally not bothering with Light/Dark, even though that could complete more of the P4 Yamato Takeru's elements.

Also during my 1st cycle, one of my other frontline demons had ice and elec spells, so it made sense to have another demon cover those that that one missed.