No Main Quests Available? - SPOILERS

#1LeBurns63Posted 3/20/2014 4:54:11 AM
Right now I'm level 75 and I've got samurai Isabeau traveling with me. We are currently in Tokyo.

I know I'm supposed to be finding some 'goddess of Tokyo', but I have no idea where she could be. I also know from talking to NPC's that somewhere angels and demons are fighting.

The only Main Quest I have is Activate All Terminals. So far I've got 10; Mikako, Sky, Ueno, Kasumigaseki, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, Shibuya, Ginza, Toyosu and Tennozu. I also have several Challenge quests, but I've been just leaving them since I really don't need mecca or experience at this point.

I can't get home as the Mikako terminal is disabled. I tried going there on foot and some barrier is set up just past the Minotaur's area. Isabeau says that someone we know, or a demon, should be able to help us get past the barrier, but I get no option to do that so I assume I don't have whatever it is I need to proceed.

And that's kind of it. I really don't know what I'm even supposed to be doing. No main quest and no idea given as to where the goddess of Tokyo is.

If someone could just nudge me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.
#2Shadow_Master_JPosted 3/20/2014 5:39:36 AM
Go to the Café in Shinjuku and speak with Fujiwara there.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#3SWBF2PilotPosted 3/20/2014 7:20:58 AM
Lol I just got lost at the exact same part this weekend. It's the Florida cafe like the above post says, it'll be in the northeast part of the Shinjuku area outside the shelter, and you'll have to remember the name of the deity you're looking to awaken once you get there. I think it's the same place where you had to burn corpses or something like that.

The thing you have to remember is "Masakado"
---
"Siegfried: He has no need for words, he speaks with whiffs." - Wandrian
Official General of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Boards
#4LeBurns63(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 7:51:31 AM
Interesting? Was there some clue I missed that would have told me this? It scares me to think of how long it would have taken me to find that on my own. And I would have never thought of that name. Trying to remember any name in this game (since Japanese is not my native language) has been killing me.

Thanks.
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.
#5LobreiPosted 3/20/2014 9:45:25 AM
Yeah remembering that name is kindof a pain in the butt, I only knew what it was because I had easy access to the DLC where you encounter the thing as an enemy, so I just reloaded it to remember the name, but without the DLC where does that name even come up? And when/if it comes up I don't remember it at all being a big deal for you to write down for later use.
#6LeBurns63(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 10:18:38 AM
I have no doubt I would not have gotten the name without help here. Burrows gave a hint that it had eight letters, but I don't know if she would have helped more if I got it incorrect.

Now I'm got the sword and I'm just trying to find some big rock in the Ginza area.
---
#7BettyUboaPosted 3/20/2014 1:56:45 PM
Burhenn63 posted...
Interesting? Was there some clue I missed that would have told me this? It scares me to think of how long it would have taken me to find that on my own. And I would have never thought of that name. Trying to remember any name in this game (since Japanese is not my native language) has been killing me.

Thanks.

Yes, Stephen told you the name directly before you woke back up, and Isabeau was talking about going to see Fujiwara again before you took repeated trips through alternate worlds. Fujiwara is also the third obvious faction to go see after Mikado and Lilith, since he oozes importance by pure virtue of being dressed casually in a demon infested wasteland.

Whether or not the names Japanese is no excuse for an inability to remember the major plot points told to your face not that long ago.

Burroughs would eventually fill out all but one letter, from what I've heard, so it's impossible to get stuck there.
---
Die the death! Sentence to death! Great equalizer is the death!
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6749/trollkastel.png
#8LeBurns63(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 3:29:24 PM
BettyUboa posted...
Yes, Stephen told you the name directly before you woke back up, and Isabeau was talking about going to see Fujiwara again before you took repeated trips through alternate worlds. Fujiwara is also the third obvious faction to go see after Mikado and Lilith, since he oozes importance by pure virtue of being dressed casually in a demon infested wasteland.

Whether or not the names Japanese is no excuse for an inability to remember the major plot points told to your face not that long ago.

Burroughs would eventually fill out all but one letter, from what I've heard, so it's impossible to get stuck there.

Well don't worry much about it. This will be my last SMT game. I love the demon recruiting, combining, skills, etc. and etc. The story is interesting also. But there is a language barrier and lack of familiarity with Tokyo that just makes these games not for me. I'm glad it works for you though. I'll just find something else to play after this.
---
#9astrophysPosted 3/20/2014 3:48:00 PM
Language barrier?

Are you kidding?

Outside of some proper noun names, everything has been fully translated into English.

And really, you don't need to know the geography of the real Tokyo to navigate this map. You can just explore and figure things out from your past experience within the context of the game.

It seems that your larger problem is paying attention.
#10BettyUboaPosted 3/20/2014 4:50:34 PM
There is no language barrier. If you seriously can't remember names from a language that is roughly 1500 times easier to say and remember than English, you have larger problems.

Honestly, English is a horrifying trainwreck of a language, and you seem to be able to remember that stuff just fine.
---
Die the death! Sentence to death! Great equalizer is the death!
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6749/trollkastel.png