Fiend hunting without DLC

#1duh1177Posted 5/15/2014 12:05:41 AM
I have a quick question on spawning fiends without using the DLC trick. Say, for example, Chemtrail. In order to have him spawn, I have to keep entering the area and run to the specific area where he spawn and I'll get the confirmation window when he spawns, correct?
---
Hey look buddy, I'm an engineer and that means I solve problems.
OK, so I'm not an engineer yet, but I'm on my way.
#2PeckingBirdPosted 5/15/2014 12:33:39 AM
Yup, exit and reenter area multiple time.
---
Official Yuri Emperor of Quitting Returners
FC: 2852 7815 3996
#3InnerSolacePosted 5/16/2014 8:44:48 AM
I think the fastest way is to save outside of the area where that particular fiend spawns, and if the fiend doesn't spawn, just quickly go into the menu and reload. That way you don't have to run all the way back to the exit. This is what I plan on doing when I start going after the fiends.
#4CataclysmicalPosted 5/18/2014 6:21:58 AM
InnerSolace has it right. I believe loading is even faster for Matador and Black Rider; I vaguely remember timing it though I could be wrong. Personally I recommend turning off the music and sound effects and leaving voices at max and just get the inputs into muscle memory. You'll know you hit one when Burroughs starts talking. Watch a movie while you're doing it or something; that removed a lot of the tedium for me.
---
"bro cutting yourself isn't a knife fight its psychopathic" -Delibirdation
http://www.last.fm/user/catamylistic
#5PeckingBirdPosted 5/18/2014 6:43:55 AM
It's very hard to watch movie when u have to avoid all the enemies just to reach chemtrail spawn site, Cata.
---
Official Yuri Emperor of Quitting Returners
FC: 2852 7815 3996
#6InnerSolacePosted 5/18/2014 7:03:52 PM
Today I started getting the fiends myself, and I've been using the save/reload trick. That trick definitely makes it a lot less of a hassle, I'd say. So far I've beaten Chemtrail and Matador, and I'm still working on spawning/beating the rest of them.