Oh boy, picked the game again... (spoilers?)

#1Cookie BagPosted 6/14/2014 10:13:35 PM
I load my save, i'm sitting in chaos tokyo, in front of the demon blocking the path, and akira going "you're going to pay for this" while hiding under my back, i already finished i think Law side, and i was aiming for neutral this time...

IIRC there was a guide somewhere with the stuff you have to do to reach neutral side but i can't find it, and i'm not even sure if i was following the guide at all... all i remember is that i was trying to aim for the middle, and avoiding the old lady that pushes you to either side too much.

And, if my memory serves me right, i had to choose the chaos side for the split since it pushes you to the law side a bit?

I need someone to guide me :<
---
If you want an example of Buyer's Remorse, see the excuses people make about TESO
Pokemon Y FC: 0060-9665-4698
#2NextGenCowboyPosted 6/14/2014 10:38:20 PM
Without having access to the Cynical Man at the bar, which you don't, as you're in Infernal Tokyo, there's almost no way to know where you stand. Not much we can do, because there's no way to gauge your alignment unless you remember where you stood before the split.

My best advice would be to alternate answers back and forth, press the button when it comes up, choose Chaos, and see where you stand. If you then load up your game, don't press the button, choose chaos and it locks you to a different route, then you may still be able to get Neutral, but at the moment, there's not much that can be done without info.
---
"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory" ~ Bruce Lee
#3Cookie Bag(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 2:48:13 AM
I'm pretty damn sure i've been alternating, hell i might consider NOT saving until the button but that would take forever... unless i easy mode'd metatron into my party and cruised the game but where's the fun iun that
---
If you want an example of Buyer's Remorse, see the excuses people make about TESO
#4NextGenCowboyPosted 6/15/2014 9:59:05 AM
You can manipulate the last two decisions (+Law/No Change, and +Law/+Chaos) to allow yourself a points swing. As long as you don't save after the boss fight, then you should be able to find out.

If you can also use both save slots, then you can manipulate it some more, with the questions along the way, by making a save now, and then before the boss.
---
#5Cookie Bag(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 12:56:16 AM
Bah i went too hard into chaos it seems, even after pressing the button and choosing preserve the status quo i get Walter.

Guess playthrough 3 will be neutral for sure, is there an english comprehensive guide for this? i found the japanese one but google translate just butchers it...
---
#6NextGenCowboyPosted 6/16/2014 9:19:12 AM
I don't know much about the guides, but a lot of people seem to have issues. I don't know if that's due to not following them correctly, or if it's due to them being incorrect. I also can't say if one's better than another, but they must have worked for some people at least.
---
#7Cookie Bag(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 10:36:04 PM
Neutral route has everything available right? i can pick any quest and finish it any time?
---
#8NextGenCowboyPosted 6/17/2014 10:18:25 AM
Cookie Bag posted...
Neutral route has everything available right? i can pick any quest and finish it any time?

Not in this one. It has most of the same stuff you'll see in the other routes, but there are exclusive demons, and quest that only pop up in Chaos, and Law, especially in NG+.

Neutral can also take forever to complete. The one thing I do know about the guides is that some day not to do any sidequest at all to make sure you get neutral. I say, if you do that, then odds are you'll regret actually going down the neutral route.
---
#9Cookie Bag(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 5:40:09 PM
How exactly do you see more demons in NG+ chaos/law than first play chaos/law by the way?

I've done Law first, then now i'm doing chaos NG+ and already against merkabah and haven't seen any demon since i rushed to merkabah, my bad i guess?
---
#10NextGenCowboyPosted 6/17/2014 6:13:35 PM
Sidequest are taken at the pubs, many of those will lead to chains of quest that end in new demons to fight, which unlocks them. Some quest are given when you talk to demons, talk to NPCs etc.
---