Amount of Characters in Injustice

#1Thunder097Posted 7/24/2012 8:51:27 AM
Didn't Boon say there will be the same amount of character in Injustice as there was in MK 9? So MK had 28 characters(not including dlc) so would we be looking at that same amount. I know the demos show 24 slots in Injustice when you pick your character, but it just a demo. So what do you guys think?
#2TaizukuPosted 7/24/2012 9:15:38 AM
About the same. Maybe 2 more, maybe 2 less. 4 DLC characters. So max we'd have 30, lowest we'd have 26.
---
Apparently Blacks aren't allowed in the KKK...my hopes have been shattered...
PSN: MobileFlame
#3KCJ5062Posted 7/24/2012 10:00:44 AM
Some people actually think the amount of characters will be over 40.
#4ConradimusPrimePosted 7/24/2012 10:45:45 AM
One of the more recent interviews he said "low to mid twenties, probably"
---
http://misternefarious.deviantart.com/
#5bionicflmerPosted 7/24/2012 10:54:28 AM
KCJ5062 posted...

that'd be nice but no.
Ed Boon says mid to low 20's maybe 30 or so after DLC
#6KCJ5062Posted 7/24/2012 11:47:03 AM
bionicflmer posted...
KCJ5062 posted...

that'd be nice but no.

I agree, but I have a feeling that people that think a 40+ is happening are gonna consider anything below "not enough" and are gonna call the developers "lazy". I swear, fighting games with huge rosters(IE MVC2 and MKA) really spoiled some people.
#7bionicflmerPosted 7/24/2012 11:49:59 AM
KCJ5062 posted...
bionicflmer posted...
KCJ5062 posted...

that'd be nice but no.

I agree, but I have a feeling that people that think a 40+ is happening are gonna consider anything below "not enough" and are gonna call the developers "lazy". I swear, fighting games with huge rosters(IE MVC2 and MKA) really spoiled some people.

and it's stupid because in games like those there's usually only 10-15 characters anyone ever uses
I'd rather have 20-some well thought out playable characters than 40+ characters on a roster where only 10 of them are viable candidates.
#8KCJ5062Posted 7/24/2012 11:56:42 AM
bionicflmer posted...
KCJ5062 posted...
bionicflmer posted...
KCJ5062 posted...

that'd be nice but no.

and it's stupid because in games like those there's usually only 10-15 characters anyone ever uses
I'd rather have 20-some well thought out playable characters than 40+ characters on a roster where only 10 of them are viable candidates.

Exactly. MVC2 had 56 characters and only a dozen of them of were actually viable. And all you'd mainly see were the 4 God Tier characters, the Strider/Doom combo, Captain Commando(for his assist), Psylocke(for her assist), and Cyclops.
#9themrmusicman14Posted 7/24/2012 8:55:13 PM
I personally hope its either 26, 27 or 28 then maybe 4 characters for DLC which would bring it to 32 which i think is the perfect amount for this game because that means that you could have a lot of choices and fan favourites and developer favourites and stuff like that
#10ConradimusPrimePosted 7/25/2012 12:57:47 AM
themrmusicman14 posted...
I personally hope its either 26, 27 or 28 then maybe 4 characters for DLC which would bring it to 32 which i think is the perfect amount for this game because that means that you could have a lot of choices and fan favourites and developer favourites and stuff like that

I think you've maybe just illustrated a divide in our mentalities. I tend to be with you. I'm a pretty casual fighting gamer (I play often and well, but I'm not gonna be winning any tournaments and I don't "train".)

To me, especially in these fanservice type games, the more characters, moves and stages the better. I want everything I love about the comics to be represented.

To some other guys, you can tell that balance is a bigger concern for them. You can see that they'd be happy with a smaller roster to facilitate better game balance.

Some folks in that camp are also likely irked about stage transitions, hazards and weapons. Those in the former probably like those things.

No judgements on either camp, just felt the need to discuss it. To each his own
Fun times.
---
http://misternefarious.deviantart.com/