deathstroke

#51TaizukuPosted 11/28/2012 2:00:27 PM
kimarous posted...
Taizuku posted...
How is 4 different (all lethal) parts to a special NOT overkill? o.O

1) It's less that he's arguing that "Deathstroke's move ISN'T overkill" so much as "how come other characters don't come across as overkill by comparison."
2) Please try to cut down on the excessive quoting, especially of longer posts.
3) Let's try not to derail the topic here. If you want to discuss it to death, start a new topic.

1. They aren't as brutally violent.
2. No. It's the easiest way to address someone directly when talking to multiple people, it's there for a reason.
3. No.
---
"All I'm hearing is that Dragon Jesus was a pirate." ~ BluBlue4
PSN: MobileFlame
#52LordRattergunPosted 11/28/2012 2:21:55 PM
Good old Deathstork.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#53koopabros64Posted 11/28/2012 2:29:00 PM
Sony_7 posted...
How does he even see through that thing? Lol, he's awesome though. Wish he was voiced by the guy who did Slade though. Also wish they called him Slade but that can never work since he is known as deathstroke. Really awesome character though.

This isn't the teen titans kids cartoon, we can use the word death. Deathstroke is also much more iconic than slade. It'd be like calling nightwing dick in this.

It just sounds like such a generic bad guy name. I always liked the sound of Slade more. Though to each his own.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#54RagirothPosted 11/28/2012 2:32:03 PM
koopabros64 posted...
Sony_7 posted...
How does he even see through that thing? Lol, he's awesome though. Wish he was voiced by the guy who did Slade though. Also wish they called him Slade but that can never work since he is known as deathstroke. Really awesome character though.

This isn't the teen titans kids cartoon, we can use the word death. Deathstroke is also much more iconic than slade. It'd be like calling nightwing dick in this.

It just sounds like such a generic bad guy name. I always liked the sound of Slade more. Though to each his own.

To be fair, he has been around since the 80's. so it probably wasn't as generic back then.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#55ZekenarPosted 11/28/2012 2:50:11 PM
Taizuku posted...
kimarous posted...
Taizuku posted...

1) It's less that he's arguing that "Deathstroke's move ISN'T overkill" so much as "how come other characters don't come across as overkill by comparison."
3) Let's try not to derail the topic here. If you want to discuss it to death, start a new topic.

2. No. It's the easiest way to address someone directly when talking to multiple people, it's there for a reason.
3. No.

Amount of violence has nothing to do with whether or not something is overkill.
---
6/14/2013 reboot done amazingly well
1/15/2013 reboot done shamefully bad
#56Hydra_Gundam_Posted 11/28/2012 2:54:14 PM
Fantastic. One of my top 10 DC characters.
---
PSN: HYDRAGUNDAM-
#57TaizukuPosted 11/28/2012 2:54:52 PM
Zekenar posted...
Taizuku posted...
kimarous posted...
Taizuku posted...

3. No.

Amount of violence has nothing to do with whether or not something is overkill.

No, but it does have a lot to do with the perception of the event.
---
#58LeatherWingsPosted 11/28/2012 3:14:05 PM
koopabros64 posted...
Sony_7 posted...

Dude, he's freaking Deathstroke the Terminator! You don't get closer to the epitome of 80's BA than that, I don't care what the cartoon had to call him, he is forever Deathstroke.
---
Men only think of the past before they die to see if there was proof that they were ever alive. ~ Jet Black. Cowboy Bebop
#59ZekenarPosted 11/28/2012 3:19:29 PM
Taizuku posted...

The whole point of the supers is to be overkill, Boon himself has said this, although not in those exact words. So I ask again. How is Superman's super NOT overkill? How are ANY of the supers shown so far NOT overkill?
---
6/14/2013 reboot done amazingly well
1/15/2013 reboot done shamefully bad
#60TaizukuPosted 11/28/2012 3:22:13 PM
Zekenar posted...
Taizuku posted...

The whole point of the supers is to be overkill, Boon himself has said this, although not in those exact words. So I ask again. How is Superman's super NOT overkill? How are ANY of the supers shown so far NOT overkill?

Superman's doesn't seem overkilly to me. You'd just die. There's no real overkill to it. When I think of overkill, I think of beating/mauling a body far beyond what is required for death.

What I think of as overkill, and what you think of are different. It's okay.
---