isn't it funny about Deathstroke?

#11RoachmeatPosted 1/29/2013 11:50:00 PM
shaka de virgem posted...
kimarous posted...
It's a nice nod, but... funny? *shrug* Then again, I'm not entirely in on the joke, since I haven't actually heard the guy as Deadpool.

the joke is because Deadpool was initially created to be a rip-off of DC's Deathstroke.Only a few years later Deadpool began to have the characterization of the crazy guy he is today.

Yeah, but if you learned about Deadpool's abilities like I did while playing "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" you would put the guy in the same OVERPOWERED pool you would with Superman and Incredible Hulk.

Teleportation + Regeneration = OMG!!

And this is coming from someone who wouldn't want to have to fight Rogue or Venom..

---
"..And Freedom prevails!" --Captain America victory, Marvel vs Capcom 2
#12StamatosPosted 1/29/2013 11:55:22 PM
shaka de virgem posted...
kimarous posted...
It's a nice nod, but... funny? *shrug* Then again, I'm not entirely in on the joke, since I haven't actually heard the guy as Deadpool.

the joke is because Deadpool was initially created to be a rip-off of DC's Deathstroke.Only a few years later Deadpool began to have the characterization of the crazy guy he is today.

Actually, Rob Leifeld made Deadpool so he could draw a character that looked like Spider-Man. And from the get go, he was a wise cracking antagonist. Check out the first few issues of the original x-force.
#13SSBR10Posted 1/30/2013 1:33:09 AM
Stamatos posted...
Actually, Rob Leifeld made Deadpool so he could draw a character that looked like Spider-Man. And from the get go, he was a wise cracking antagonist. Check out the first few issues of the original x-force.

The name Wade Wilson is a play on the name Slade Wilson.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#14Just_a_loserPosted 1/30/2013 2:03:51 AM(edited)
Nolan North does do good work though. If you played Arkham City, you'd never hear Deadpool in his performance as the Penguin.

So I'm curious to see what he'd do with Deathstroke.

EDIT: Just found out he is the voice of Superboy in Young Justice. Interesting.
---
The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world...is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.
#15G-ScythePosted 1/30/2013 2:11:01 AM
they also copied Deadpool's taunt
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#16sireg89Posted 1/30/2013 3:40:42 AM
Mister_Spyker posted...
Zekenar posted...
kimarous posted...

You've never played MvC3(either version) or saw the trailer for the Deadpool game?

Oh, that's him in the Deadpool game trailer? Okay, I have heard him then.

But no, I don't play any Capcom fighters. Heck, I don't even play Capcom games period. I don't support their DLC practices. Besides, I've tried two or three and I didn't like them anyway.

Capcom does make some pretty badass games, Dragon's Dogma, Dead Rising 2 and UMvC3 are all awesome.

i agree with kima i never really liked capcom they just seemed so difficult to play thats jus been my whole problem. im hoping that injustice doesnt play like SF if it is its gonna suck not the game play dat is jus how hard itll be to play the game but thats on me im not sure how others ppl are