Not sure which console to get this for =(

#1Kendei_BunsetsuPosted 2/3/2013 3:01:55 AM
As it stands, I play both of my consoles equally. I like the PS3 controller for fighting games, but quite honestly I have little to zero friends on my list to play it with. I've got more RL friends that play the 360 and will likely be playing this.

I'm just not sure which to get it for. On one hand, I have a better D-Pad to play with. On the other, I've got friends ready to go. Is any system getting any exclusives or are they going to (hopefully) make them both equal?

Also, am I the only one that wants Clayface in it? =|
---
XBL GT: Kendei
PSN: Kendei
#2MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/3/2013 4:27:00 AM
My opinion:

First off: If it's any consolation tournament standard will probably be PS3. But I don't think you really care about that or you'd probably have your mind set.

Most boards (especially for fighting games) have been more active for the PS3 side in my experience. Meaning you can add up a lot more people to play with on PS3.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#3Thunder097Posted 2/3/2013 5:21:10 AM
Ps3!
---
Official Joel and Ellie of Playstation All Star Battle Royale Board!
Last of Us, Injustice God Among us and Storm 3 :D DmC will be beast!
#4Just_a_loserPosted 2/3/2013 6:07:45 AM(edited)
I'm getting the 360 version because it is my preferred console, and this will likely be regardless of any exclusives. Although if there were any console exclusives I'm sure it would have been announced by now. Hopefully that, like Arkham City, WB has decided to start treating both consoles fairly.

As for the active board thing, it is true that PS3 boards are more active for fighting games. But honestly in my experience I've seen more activity for 360 versions in most other genres.

As for the d-pad thing , I personally have never had much trouble with the 360 d-pad. And even if people did have problems with it that's pretty much why there is always that option to buy a fight pad.
---
The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world...is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.
#5Tsuki-ShiroPosted 2/3/2013 6:43:57 AM
If I was in your situation I would buy the game for PS3, adding people you meet online/on boards and just play my 360 friends over at their place(multiplayer.)
#6ThirtyThr33Posted 2/3/2013 10:59:34 AM
I'm getting mine for 360, and I'd suggest you doing the same if more of the friends you already know are going to be getting it for that console. Games like this, I typically find more joy in playing with people that I actually know. Plus, it's not like the 360 board is going to be completely dead either.
---
Saving the whales-an agenda for some. Nuking them sits well with me.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#7EichiroNobunagaPosted 2/3/2013 11:56:12 AM
I went with Xbox.

I have one friend who's DEFINITELY going to get it on each side, and while the PS3 friend is much more competent at fighting games, Xbox allows me to talk to me Xbox friend + others in a party, and besides that I've had an Xbox for far longer, so I'm more in-tune with it.

And besides, I might be able to convince other friends to get it, and not many have PS3's.
#8Kendei_Bunsetsu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:35:31 PM
Thanks for all of your input guys =) it's been a great help!

I'll probably end up getting it for the 360, I think. As you guys mentioned, I have friends already picking it up for that and it'll be more fun that way.
---
XBL GT: Kendei
PSN: Kendei
#9crabsmackPosted 2/3/2013 3:09:32 PM
The difference between them will likely be so negligible that the only deciding factor is what your friends get.
---
I AM THE NIGHT.
#10SoaD0031Posted 2/3/2013 3:16:55 PM
Ps3 has more players online so I vote Ps3.
---
PSN: SoaD_009