Shazam confirmed

#41TaikutsunaPosted 2/5/2013 2:57:32 PM
gamefan190 posted...
Taikutsuna posted...
I'm interested to see what his new powers are. Anyone who played MK VS DC knows from his ending that his powers merged with the elder gods... Still don't know why Captain Marvel or Superman need armor though.

the two games are connected!?

Only by the creators Netherrealms. Ed Boon has stated that it is it's own universe. But Captain Marvels outfit has remained the same since 1939 because it's part of his SHAZAM powers.
---
If god didn't want people eating animals...
He wouldn't have made them out of meat..
#42ZekenarPosted 2/5/2013 3:04:46 PM
Taikutsuna posted...
I'm interested to see what his new powers are. Anyone who played MK VS DC knows from his ending that his powers merged with the elder gods... Still don't know why Captain Marvel or Superman need armor though.

Not to familiar with Captain Marvel outside of the JL cartoon, so I can't really comment. But it makes sense with Superman, as it does with Flash, Green Lantern, and Batman. "B...b...but Superman is invulnerable." Almost all of Superman's rogues gallery have a way to bypass his invulnerability, whether it is by brute force, Kryptonite, magic or some other means(e.g. Parasite.) With that in mind, it makes sense to want to have a little extra protection in a fight with said characters.
---
Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning -C.S. Lewis
#43TaikutsunaPosted 2/5/2013 3:09:06 PM
Zekenar posted...
Taikutsuna posted...

Not to familiar with Captain Marvel outside of the JL cartoon, so I can't really comment. But it makes sense with Superman, as it does with Flash, Green Lantern, and Batman. "B...b...but Superman is invulnerable." Almost all of Superman's rogues gallery have a way to bypass his invulnerability, whether it is by brute force, Kryptonite, magic or some other means(e.g. Parasite.) With that in mind, it makes sense to want to have a little extra protection in a fight with said characters.

Cuts down on tailor bills as well, I guess.
---
#44ultraroboninjaPosted 2/5/2013 3:18:57 PM
Taikutsuna posted...
Zekenar posted...
Taikutsuna posted...

Cuts down on tailor bills as well, I guess.

Exactly. With the punishment he takes it makes sense he'd have armor. Not to protect himself, but just so that some big blast of fire doesn't incinerate his spandex and leave him butt naked in the middle of a battle.
#45J_Can_ManPosted 2/5/2013 3:48:01 PM
I was expecting the actual Shazam to be here...which would be pretty badass.

Cap Marvel is a boss though.
---
At least I... Wait... Something... You... insult...
bewareofsuperboyprime.wordpress.com
#46Kolbarama90Posted 2/5/2013 4:00:48 PM
DoritoXI posted...
Kolbarama90 posted...
Just out of curiosity does anybody know how Shazam got leaked? I heard that his picture was on the Injustice website, is there any truth to that? His picture certainly matches up well with the rest of the character bio pictures on the site.

Someone was messing around with urls and stumbled upon it.

How Batman of them, thank you! So now I know what will be doing for the rest of the day, sorry homework looks like you're going to continue to be neglected, haha. This game is terrible for my productivity.
#47TaikutsunaPosted 2/5/2013 4:17:03 PM
J_Can_Man posted...

DC sued the original creators of Captain Marvel for being too similar to Superman and killed Captain Marvel... Years later DC bought and resurrected Shazam, but lost the rights to the name Captain Marvel, because Marvel Comics had created thier own Captain Marvel character. So he can't be called Captain Marvel
---
#48J_Can_ManPosted 2/5/2013 4:25:11 PM
Taikutsuna posted...
J_Can_Man posted...

DC sued the original creators of Captain Marvel for being too similar to Superman and killed Captain Marvel... Years later DC bought and resurrected Shazam, but lost the rights to the name Captain Marvel, because Marvel Comics had created thier own Captain Marvel character. So he can't be called Captain Marvel

I think the ordeal was no more comics with the title of Captain Marvel, he was referred to as Captain Marvel up until New 52, which was just a good time to go ahead and say "F*** it, everyone calls him Shazam anyway..."

I've never gotten used to it.
---
At least I... Wait... Something... You... insult...
bewareofsuperboyprime.wordpress.com
#49murderinthedarkPosted 2/5/2013 4:56:30 PM
For some reason I was thinking Shazam was Kazaam. Would be way more cool if Kazaam were in here.
#50Mbad1999Posted 2/5/2013 4:57:51 PM
Now they need to put pics of Aquaman, Doomsday, Sinestro and the other guys that were anounced. Plus i still need Red Hood