Any DC Hero, or Villain that you didn't like at first, but starting to like now?

#21LoboXSpaceDolphPosted 2/6/2013 9:16:49 AM
Superman, easily my favorite dc character now. Read All-star Superman, Alan Moore Superman, new 52 action comics, Geoff John's superman, easily my favorite DC comics.

Aquaman - Ever since reading new 52 I've realized how badass he is

Cyclops - badass and was right

Cable - hhnnnng

Hawkguy - Matt Fraction

Metal Men - 52

Booster Gold - Infinite Crisis, 52 and the 2009 series

Characters I used to love but.now hate

Jason Todd - only knew him from dc wiki and the red hood movie, thought he was awesome, read comics, found out whats murderous psychopath he is

Tim Drake - loved pre new 52 tim, new 52 tim isn't even tim

Teen Titans - loved pre new 52 teen titans, hate what they've become in new 52

Batgirl (babs) - same as above
Starfire - same as above
Green Arrow - same as above
Roy Harper - same as above
Batman (Bruce) - I just thought dick was a better batman in everyway and a lot more interesting and a breath of fresh air
Amanda Waller - Theres a reason why she's supposed to be called The Wall
Black Canary - new 52 BC sux butts
#22Giru 017Posted 2/6/2013 9:22:26 AM
Damian Wayne

He's a brat and I have hated him ever since he was introduced, specially since he's a shell of Tim Drake, the single best Robin ever. His cocky attitude sat horribly with me and his backstory wasn't something I cared about to much...

But after the latest Death Of The Family chapters, I find myself growing fond of him and his antics, since he's really growing as a character. Wel written BATMAN & ROBIN chapters are his biggest plus, the anual recently pulling some heart string on the Wayne side, I just wonder/worry what's gonna happen after next weeks Batman #017.
---
-=The Slackers=- *The High Priest of Slackerism and perpetual E-Vileness*
#23gtomangaPosted 2/6/2013 9:54:41 AM(edited)
superman=i watched the 60s cartoons as a kid(superman,superboy,superfreinds)
and the 90s animated S and there is nothing special about him hes just some guy with power

i was more into batman comics untell i reached the new52 reboot and things started to get confusing and less interesting because the story's became dark for the sake of becoming dark and characters started to act out of character(now he has a high load of bat family comics i cant even keep up >_<)

in the late 2012 after the cheep death of spider-man i started reading superman new52 and then the older arcs and to my surprise its really epically good he is more likeable then
the new52 batman
---
YS,megaman,shin megami tensei,growlancer,sonic,superman,sly cooper fan
#24Ultim87Posted 2/6/2013 9:03:03 PM
Aquaman. As of the New 52, he is FAR better and actually a badass without pretending that he doesn't have a bad reputation of being that Freaky Fish Guy.
---
Official King of All Cosmos of the Playstation All-Stars board
#25RoachmeatPosted 2/7/2013 4:26:37 AM
I'm starting to see interest in DEATHSTROKE now, although he won't move up in ratings as a favorite villain or anything. He just may end up being one of the fighters I tear things up with from time to time.

I just hope there is an "unmasked" variation of his costumes. Unlike his copy in MARVEL, Slade isn't a mass of gob under his mask. And like Sub Zero in Mortal Kombat, being unmasked brings a certain 'superiority' to his character that would set him apart.
#26Giru 017Posted 2/7/2013 10:41:18 AM
Roachmeat posted...
I just hope there is an "unmasked" variation of his costumes. Unlike his copy in MARVEL, Slade isn't a mass of gob under his mask. And like Sub Zero in Mortal Kombat, being unmasked brings a certain 'superiority' to his character that would set him apart.

His alt is him without his mask:
See the story trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l27-3NJqpiA
http://www.fenixware.net/tfd/injustice/death-alt2.png
---
#27instagatorfdPosted 2/7/2013 11:12:17 AM
I agree with Guru about originally hating Damian Wayne. However, I kinda feel like the whole point of creating him was to have people hate him, so that when they started redeeming him, people would appreciate him. I mean, I'd probably be bratty too if I found out I was grown in a bubble.
---
I mean, sometimes its more important to give the coverfire then get the HeadShot"~FPS Doug
#28Giru 017Posted 2/7/2013 12:18:26 PM
instagatorfd posted...
I agree with Guru about originally hating Damian Wayne. However, I kinda feel like the whole point of creating him was to have people hate him, so that when they started redeeming him, people would appreciate him. I mean, I'd probably be bratty too if I found out I was grown in a bubble.

Truth, I just never thought I'd get around to liking him.

Another character I originally disliked was Sinestro, who was just kinda bland to me, even during Emerald Twilight. But after the amazing Sinestro Corps War (and all that followed) he became possibly my favorite Lantern character.
---
#29ChibiMaddiChanPosted 2/7/2013 1:22:55 PM
instagatorfd posted...
Another character I originally disliked was Sinestro, who was just kinda bland to me, even during Emerald Twilight. But after the amazing Sinestro Corps War (and all that followed) he became possibly my favorite Lantern character.

This, hands down. I barely even cared who Sinestro was until the Corps War, now he's become my favorite and most interesting lantern, save for St. Walker from the Blue Lanters.

As for others:
-Superman and Lex Luthor, but more so the latter: I always thought both were boring and bland, until I started watching Young Justice and went back and read comics. i appricate Superman more and absolutely love Lex: he's officially my favorite villain without superpowers. Plus he stole 40 cakes. And that's terrible.

As for whom I loved and now hate:
-Jason Todd. I gave him the benefit of the doubt Red Hood and just in general but now, after reading New 52, I just can't stand him.

-Talia. My goodness, TALIA. Ever since they decided she needed to be on permanent PMS or whatever, and rewrote her molesting Bruce to have Damien and generally just being a horrible mother and person (but not very likable to me). And I use to prefer her for Bruce over Catwoman...

-The entire Teen Titans, with a special nod to Wonder Girl in particular. Ever since Superboy died, I've disliked her and New 52 hasn't made her or many of the other Titans likable much either.

-Starfire. I hate her New 52 version, from her personality to her wardrobe.
---
Because when all else fails: kill it with fire. Or you know...push it over. Whatever works.
#30chocolatemc42Posted 2/8/2013 12:53:50 PM
Also, Booster Gold. As comic relief he was priceless but expendable. After 52, I realized how selfless and intelligent he can be.

SPOILERS...

Also, he's the only one from JLI who had the stones to call Batman and everyone else in the league on how they completely disregarded Ted Kord's suspicions and requests for aid, Ultimately leading to his death.
---
Not changing this sig till we get a proper Mega Man sequel!
PSN: Michael_Thomas09