Wasnt going to buy this at first

#1avengineagle09Posted 2/6/2013 11:12:23 AM
When I saw the game last year, I was going just make it a rental but after seeing all the hype and the story mode. I might have to pay full price. Normally I'm against paying full price for fighters due to the lack of content and story. Prime examples, Capcom fighters. Capcom rarely put anything extra in there fighters and don't offer much for single player. At least Namco adds customization and additional modes in there games, and still I don't think its a $60 purchase.
#2CanibusNotepadPosted 2/6/2013 11:23:38 AM
there fighters
---
www.tomcruisemomshoes.com
You Just a Funny Guy with Peanut Butter Brown Honey Eyes RIP Canibus 06/09/2012
#3EliteGuard99Posted 2/6/2013 11:43:45 AM
Yah, i too realized that crapcom makes a pretty bare-bones Fighting game when i bought UMC3 after enjoying the crap out of MK 9. Add to the fact that it only took up 3.4 GB of space on the disk and you are left shaking your head at how the freaking Xbox 360 version had enough space left over to fit another UMC3 game in there on top of the pre-existing one.

I won't even go into how much disk space was left empty on the PS3 version though, its' like dropping a dime into a bucket.......
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#4chiefofsb78Posted 2/6/2013 12:38:11 PM
CanibusNotepad posted...
there fighters

^^This^^ and Capcom does it best keep it short and sweet but MK9 was pretty good tho Blazblue & P4U story mode thats just too much i didnt even bother
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Garfield64/boards
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#5TaizukuPosted 2/6/2013 12:42:49 PM
Most people don't play fighting games for single player content. It's just a plus.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#6EichiroNobunagaPosted 2/6/2013 12:46:30 PM
But not having a good one definitely decreased the quality of some games. Remember how Soul Calibur 2 was an amazing game? Remember how Soul Calibur 5's single player was terrible and they made no attempt to fix it?

Yeah, that was a mistake. At least the CAS was really good, but uh... still fell short to a wrestling game's. Buying Tekken as a casual was a huge waste of $60 of mine. Amazing game if you aren't a noob.
#7ConradimusPrimePosted 2/6/2013 12:49:29 PM
CanibusNotepad posted...
there fighters

I c wut u did thar

To the TC: expecting narrative out of fighting games is sort of like expecting action and heart pumping excitement from a final fantasy

NRS is happy to deliver it, but otherwise it really is not a single player focused genre
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com
#8TaizukuPosted 2/6/2013 12:50:14 PM
EichiroNobunaga posted...
But not having a good one definitely decreased the quality of some games. Remember how Soul Calibur 2 was an amazing game? Remember how Soul Calibur 5's single player was terrible and they made no attempt to fix it?

Yeah, that was a mistake. At least the CAS was really good, but uh... still fell short to a wrestling game's. Buying Tekken as a casual was a huge waste of $60 of mine. Amazing game if you aren't a noob.

Whaddya mean? Tekken is about as easy as they come for 3D fighters. It's a moderate learning curve.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#9CanibusNotepadPosted 2/6/2013 12:54:02 PM
chiefofsb78 posted...
CanibusNotepad posted...
there fighters

^^This^^ and Capcom does it best keep it short and sweet but MK9 was pretty good tho Blazblue & P4U story mode thats just too much i didnt even bother

I don't know about Blazblue, Arcade Mode gave me enough of the story for that game. P4A's story mode was Painful, 20-30 minutes of story before the first fight even begins is unforgivable. I'm all for more story in fighting games, but through cutscenes like in MK9/MK vs DCU, not that crap in P4A, that's too much and too weeaboo.
---
www.tomcruisemomshoes.com
You Just a Funny Guy with Peanut Butter Brown Honey Eyes RIP Canibus 06/09/2012
#10sithgod513Posted 2/6/2013 3:26:03 PM
Taizuku posted...
Most people don't play fighting games for single player content. It's just a plus.

this^ who cares about the single player content? lol, I mean I cant wait to see and play the story mode, but its just something ill do once and then get online or start fighting friends on the game, because thats what its made for.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.