why are there are a ton of batman characters

#21Grimlock1990Posted 2/8/2013 10:50:26 AM
On the superman characters, I know darkseid hasn't been confirmed, but he's probably going to be in. I imagine brainiac will be dlc, along with power girl, who may or may not have krypto included in her movesets. Batman and superman will be well represented I assure you. That's how it was in mk vs dcu. Most of the dc characters were batman characters. Then about a quarter were superman characters. Then they finished off the league mainstays and threw in captain marvel and added deathstroke probably because of the teen titans cartoon
#22atopthemountain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:51:37 AM
Shabo883 posted...
atopthemountain posted...
bd43 posted...
Nightwing isn't a Batman character.

Catwoman barely is.

considered part of the batfamily...he clearly stems from batman....
batman and catwoman and she is associated most with the batman franchise

your post makes absolutely no sense at all

lol dunno why it came out like that ..it was a botched edit

i meant to say and "catwoman? is associated most with the batman franchise."
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#23SmashKPosted 2/8/2013 10:55:07 AM
The heart of the story seems to be centered on Team Batman Vs. Team Superman. So it only makes sense to see the Batman universe represented so strongly - at least at this point.

I'm sure once the full roster is revealed, there will be more balance, and more non-batman related characters.

Plus, there's always DLC.
#24Shabo883Posted 2/8/2013 10:55:58 AM
Shabo883 posted...
bd43 posted...

Catwoman barely is.

considered part of the batfamily...he clearly stems from batman....
batman and catwoman and she is associated most with the batman franchise

your post makes absolutely no sense at all

lol dunno why it came out like that ..it was a botched edit

i meant to say and "catwoman? is associated most with the batman franchise."

your post was fine, I replied to your post by mistake, I meant to reply to @bd43
#25SmashKPosted 2/8/2013 11:01:40 AM
DoritoXI posted...
Easy money from people who only watched the Batman trilogy and have never touched a comic in their life.

Yep. I'm part of this crowd, and it's certainly helped capture my interest in this game. But I'm looking forward to learning about all the new characters I'm not familiar with, too.

However, I wouldn't say it' easy money (at least not from me). I've had to watch a lot of videos to be convinced that this is worth $60. And I'll be following this game until release to make sure I really do want to pick it up.
#26gtomangaPosted 2/8/2013 11:21:59 AM(edited)
bd43 posted...

Catwoman barely is.

But more importantly, they're making a fighting game, not an equal representation pie chart of characters to franchise. If they felt that DC universe fighting game was best off being the big 7+17-20 Bat friends/villains, then so be it.

If you can't suggest a popular character from the same build/power and another Franchise, then complaining is silly.

Having said that, Bane is a little unneeded, but there you go.

nightwing and catwomen is part of the bat family

catwomen=bruce himself showed her his identity and the batcave in the 2002 hush story arc and her comics has a roll in batman major storys

and what do you mean nightwing isnt a bat character?
he fight and move nearly the same as batman and hes always shows up by batman side in major storys
and dont forget that he was the first robin
---
YS,megaman,shin megami tensei,growlancer,sonic,superman,sly cooper fan
#27atopthemountain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:04:11 AM
SmashK posted...
The heart of the story seems to be centered on Team Batman Vs. Team Superman. So it only makes sense to see the Batman universe represented so strongly - at least at this point.

I'm sure once the full roster is revealed, there will be more balance, and more non-batman related characters.

Plus, there's always DLC.

said in that light the roster choice is understandable
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#28bd43Posted 2/8/2013 11:17:02 AM(edited)
LoboXSpaceDolph posted...
The part about Mongul and Darkseid being the same cracked me up, the sad thing is that people will actually think that you're being serious. NOBODY who knows anything whatsoever about DC Comics could possibly ever say something so stupid

Mongul and Darkseid were originally created with the exact same power set. If you want to get technical, they aren't immediately the same now, but if we're going to argue, Mongul has no shot if Darkseid is in.
Shabo883 posted...

nightwing is a bat character and so is cat woman

you must be very young to say something so ignorant

You must be too old for video games if you can't see how they evolved well beyond that.

But if you'd really like to argue, Nightwing is a Teen Titans character with Batman roots.
Shabo883 posted...
I am a night wing fan but he is not more popular than a lot of dcu, first of all the justice league is far more popular and he isn't in the league.

cat woman is a bat character also, duhh. u said own book? who doesn't have their own books? why are people so ignorant

I covered the league, basic reading skills might help you. 'The big 7' should mean something to you if you really think you're older than me. Unless, that is, your mind is too far gone. He is more popular a character than a large majority of the DCU.

As for characters without their own book:

Lex Luthor, Hawkgirl, Doomsday, Ares, Cynorg, Martian Manhunter, Sinestro/Hal, Robin, Darkseid, Mongul, Bane.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#29stevenbobPosted 2/8/2013 11:50:48 AM
bd43 posted...
LoboXSpaceDolph posted...
The part about Mongul and Darkseid being the same cracked me up, the sad thing is that people will actually think that you're being serious. NOBODY who knows anything whatsoever about DC Comics could possibly ever say something so stupid

Mongul and Darkseid were originally created with the exact same power set. If you want to get technical, they aren't immediately the same now, but if we're going to argue, Mongul has no shot if Darkseid is in.
Shabo883 posted...

nightwing is a bat character and so is cat woman

you must be very young to say something so ignorant

You must be too old for video games if you can't see how they evolved well beyond that.

But if you'd really like to argue, Nightwing is a Teen Titans character with Batman roots.
Shabo883 posted...
I am a night wing fan but he is not more popular than a lot of dcu, first of all the justice league is far more popular and he isn't in the league.

cat woman is a bat character also, duhh. u said own book? who doesn't have their own books? why are people so ignorant

I covered the league, basic reading skills might help you. 'The big 7' should mean something to you if you really think you're older than me. Unless, that is, your mind is too far gone. He is more popular a character than a large majority of the DCU.

As for characters without their own book:

Lex Luthor, Hawkgirl, Doomsday, Ares, Cynorg, Martian Manhunter, Sinestro/Hal, Robin, Darkseid, Mongul, Bane.

they have not really evolved beyond that yeah they have there own books now but they are pretty much still bat family members they need to get involved in more major events and break away from bat man more but certain writers keep them close to him causing situations like this some say they are separated enough others disagree as of right now they are still batman characters and in a lot of casuals mind they agree with that sentiment and thats who you have to base public opinion on they are just as much bat man characters as batwing its up to the writers to finally break them away from bat man
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#30CyborgTwentyPosted 2/8/2013 11:56:16 AM
killer croc, mister freeze, robin and bunch of others. this game needs at least 75% batman characters otherwise people will rage.