Scarecrow

#1EichiroNobunagaPosted 2/8/2013 10:34:47 PM
How would you guys feel about Scarecrow as DLC?

Not in-game roster, of course, but added later?

I know probably the first response is going to be "no more Batman characters," but it's not like he's that generic a character, or could have someone else with the same skillset do it better.

Let's start with gameplay. He's got the Fear Gas obviously, which could be really good on it's own. Before you say like "it just makes people fear stuff. How can you build a moveset off that?" lemme' explain my thoughts:

You could just think of it like the whole match is an illusion of some sort: Scarecrow uses the gas to make it look to his enemy that he's using scary things. My wording is really bad here and I can't quite explain what I mean, but yeah. Like, he makes nightmares come to life as part of his moveset, and his enemies feel it. It could also make for an awesome special attack if nothing else. Then there's his scythe, although I don't really have anything to explain about that. There's also his Violent Dancing martial art, which is pretty much Drunken Fist meets Kung Fu.

Then for story, he's pretty integral to the Injustice comic in that *spoilers* Joker uses his gas to trick Supez into killing Lois because he thought she was Doomsday. (And I mean, if Doomsday's connection to the story is because Supez hallucinated, you know...). Anyway, it's because of Fear Gas that Supez killed his wife and unborn child, and pretty much initiating the New Regime.
#2squirrel_boyPosted 2/8/2013 10:39:02 PM
yea he could have a really unique and fun moveset.

and i wouldnt be against him for dlc, but definitely not main roster. i also hope they wouldnt use the arkham asylum model. i just never liked dat one
#3HeroscottPosted 2/8/2013 10:44:15 PM
The more the Merrier.

He's not on my Top 10, but I wouldn't be opposed to his addition. As far as Bat Characters go...I'd want Batgirl, Robin, Poison Ivy, Talia, Freeze, then him.
---
My hopes for SSB4: Krystal , Dixie, Birdo, Midna, Toad, King K. Rool, Bowser Jr., Ridley, Megaman, Rayman, Banjo Kazooie, Bomberman, Little Mac, or Geno,
#4DoritoXIPosted 2/8/2013 11:03:26 PM
I'm gonna say no just because hes a Batchar. I think Larfleeze would be a better choice for that kinda moveset if i'm understanding you correctly. It sounds like 'fears' would pop up and be his attacks which wouldn't be too much different than a orange lantern popping out of the battery for an attack. Still something like that may be too complicated for it to be done although you never know.
#5kimarousPosted 2/8/2013 11:13:30 PM
EichiroNobunaga posted...
Then for story, he's pretty integral to the Injustice comic in that *spoilers* Joker uses his gas to trick Supez into killing Lois because he thought she was Doomsday. (And I mean, if Doomsday's connection to the story is because Supez hallucinated, you know...). Anyway, it's because of Fear Gas that Supez killed his wife and unborn child, and pretty much initiating the New Regime.

If you know that, you should also be aware that he's, y'know, dead. Look, I don't know how Joker survived what happened in Issue 4, but Scarecrow is a goner. Period.

Also, we have enough Bat-cast as it is.
#6BatarangbatsPosted 2/8/2013 11:17:30 PM
He can fight with a scythe.
---
WE LOVE BOON
#7EichiroNobunaga(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:30:28 PM
kimarous posted...

If you know that, you should also be aware that he's, y'know, dead. Look, I don't know how Joker survived what happened in Issue 4, but Scarecrow is a goner. Period.

Also, we have enough Bat-cast as it is.

The story seems to be jumping around in time, so him being dead at one point doesn't mean much. There's going to be flashbacks and flashforwards and a whole jumble of timey wimey stuff.

And as for the Bat-cast, you're ignoring the fact that he isn't like Freeze or Croc where some other character has the same powers but better. Just because he's a Batman character doesn't mean we should completely overlook his uniqueness AND his already established role in the story.

And note how I said "DLC." I honestly wouldn't mind him for in-game roster, but as for DLC that only really adds extra character slots, someone with his moveset potential and relevance to the game makes perfect sense. Besides, DLC doesn't really necessarily HAVE to do anything with the game's story canon, so his being dead regardless of whether the time is set is irrelevant.
#8MynameisDirtDogPosted 2/9/2013 2:22:09 AM
I really ****ing hate it when people who intend to spoil things put "spoilers" directly adjacent to the sensitive information.

Anyone with functional peripheral vision will accidentally read it. Ffs tc, at least put a giant

Spoilers

space there.
---
Josh Johnson Health Tracker: Josh Johnson is Currently HEALTHY
You can't think when you're ****ing high.
#9LordRattergunPosted 2/9/2013 2:49:27 AM
He's not "integral" to the comic when Joker turned him into a grinning corpse.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#10NukeA6Posted 2/9/2013 7:17:08 AM

Let's start with gameplay. He's got the Fear Gas obviously, which could be really good on it's own. Before you say like "it just makes people fear stuff. How can you build a moveset off that?" lemme' explain my thoughts:

You could just think of it like the whole match is an illusion of some sort: Scarecrow uses the gas to make it look to his enemy that he's using scary things. My wording is really bad here and I can't quite explain what I mean, but yeah. Like, he makes nightmares come to life as part of his moveset, and his enemies feel it. It could also make for an awesome special attack if nothing else. .

That's just gonna make him look like a magician and there are characters that can do far better than that. Even a Yellow Lantern can do that more effectively.