So glad Captain Marvel name is Shazam now.

#11Xfactor_HavokPosted 2/10/2013 9:12:31 PM
I love the name Captain Marvel it sounded right. I like referring to this comic when talking about the name change http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5j5f8bndB1rtt79co1_500.jpg
#12VENOMOUS75Posted 2/10/2013 9:46:41 PM
warnerbroman posted...
DoritoXI posted...
He shouldn't have had to change his name. Marvel should have just changed their name instead.

Wait, youre joking, right?

Nope Marvel is not the original, they are just holing for no reason...No way on earth that Mar-Vell is more famous that Captain Marvel.

I understood that, but FAWCETT comics dropped the character and name because it was close in design to superman and DC sued/threatened to sue. DC acquired the rights to the character and name, but dropped the ball and didnt re-new the rights to the name after years of disuse. Enter Marvel, who, thought having a character with the MARVEL name would be a nifty idea. Still, DC was allowed to use the name IN the comics, just not on the cover, hence titles like SHAZAM! And the POWER OF SHAZAM.

DC screwed up, Marvel shouldnt have to change anything.

Lord Marvel might have been a better name than shazam, though
---
GT-AMITYPREDATOR75
#13LordRattergunPosted 2/10/2013 11:07:54 PM
Sony_7 posted...
I agree. Shazam sounds a lot cooler and more distinct. Captain Marvel sounds way to 40's to me.

In other words, you're missing the point of Captain Marvel completely.

He's not meant to be "cool" or "trendy", his old fashionedness is a huge part of his character, and has a name to match.

Now look at Nu52's "Shazam", he has a goddamn hood and is probably brooding or some crap every other issue. **** him, bring back the optimistic Captain.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#14Capt_HerlockPosted 2/11/2013 12:24:08 AM
LordRattergun posted...
Sony_7 posted...
I agree. Shazam sounds a lot cooler and more distinct. Captain Marvel sounds way to 40's to me.

He's not meant to be "cool" or "trendy", his old fashionedness is a huge part of his character, and has a name to match.

Now look at Nu52's "Shazam", he has a goddamn hood and is probably brooding or some crap every other issue. **** him, bring back the optimistic Captain.

I actually like the new Shazam back ups in Justice League and in the end calling him Shazam is much easier since most people call him Shazam anyway.
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#15Reece504Posted 2/11/2013 6:48:05 AM
Capt_Herlock posted...
LordRattergun posted...
Sony_7 posted...

I actually like the new Shazam back ups in Justice League and in the end calling him Shazam is much easier since most people call him Shazam anyway.

his name is Captain Herlock he don't f***& around lol

I agree he doesn't suppose to be cool and trendy and whats up with the hoodies robin had a hood in arkham city I feel like its a lazy design "Hey lets give him a hood it looks cool and mysterious"
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez
#16Capt_HerlockPosted 2/11/2013 4:57:28 PM
Reece504 posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...
LordRattergun posted...
Sony_7 posted...

his name is Captain Herlock he don't f***& around lol

I agree he doesn't suppose to be cool and trendy and whats up with the hoodies robin had a hood in arkham city I feel like its a lazy design "Hey lets give him a hood it looks cool and mysterious"

The hood design is actually from the comics.
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#17Ultima78Posted 2/11/2013 5:00:34 PM
Who cares what his name is now?! Shazam sounds better in a darker game anyway. Nobody wants this in a dark game "Dun da da! Caotain Marvel here to save the day! Dun da da, da da da da! *gets speedblitzed by Supes* But still nobody wants that corny a$$ name in a dark game.