Gotta say, this is the first time over-sexualization has bothered me

#1mk_spiritPosted 2/11/2013 8:35:55 AM
Normally I shrug it off when people complain about how video game women are just designed to be overly sexy. For some reason though the way Harley is portrayed in this game really bothers me, it seems like it's trying way too hard. It's like "HEY, SEE THIS CHICK? YOU CAN SEE HER UNDERWEAR AND MASSIVE BREASTS"

Anyone else with me or am I crazy?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dJp6_rNSu3g/T8kS7NYcG-I/AAAAAAAAQOE/22dO8GXXzQs/s1600/injustice-stills-harley-quinn.jpg
For reference
---
PSN ID: TheBlackFool
#2Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/11/2013 8:41:43 AM
It's Harley, she's supposed to be sexy.

This isn't "over-sexualization". Not even close.
#3TaizukuPosted 2/11/2013 8:42:35 AM
Well I mean she is an acrobat...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#4SoaD0031Posted 2/11/2013 8:45:23 AM
You obviously never played Mortal Kombat.
---
PSN: SoaD_009
#5LoboXSpaceDolphPosted 2/11/2013 8:46:20 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...

No she's not. Harley has never meant to be sexy. This only began when the arkham video games starting over sexualizing her design to cater to the horny losers that find polygons attractive.

Most Harley fans absolutely despise the design, hell Harley has that design on the new Suicide Squad book and critics and fans alike are panning the crap outta that book for Harleys design.

Harley's design in this game and the arkham games are absolutely terrible, heck it's not even really Harley at all
#6TaizukuPosted 2/11/2013 8:50:49 AM
LoboXSpaceDolph posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...

No she's not. Harley has never meant to be sexy. This only began when the arkham video games starting over sexualizing her design to cater to the horny losers that find polygons attractive.

Most Harley fans absolutely despise the design, hell Harley has that design on the new Suicide Squad book and critics and fans alike are panning the crap outta that book for Harleys design.

Harley's design in this game and the arkham games are absolutely terrible, heck it's not even really Harley at all

You're usually right, but you're absolutely wrong here.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fa/3/3f/Harley_Quinn.png

Harley's character has always been shown as sexy and seductive. That's part of her role to trick people for the Joker, to be sexy for the Joker. That's pretty much her whole deal. She's an acrobat in skintight clothing (because that's what acrobats wear).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#7Shabo883Posted 2/11/2013 8:54:27 AM
You guys are nuts, over sexualization? First of all how can sexualization be over or to much? People act as if a woman being sexy is wrong, have you guys looked outside recently? Woman wear two piece bathing suits all the time, nothing is wrong with making a woman sexy or pretty or beautiful.

I feel that people will find negatively anywhere, this is either a post to flame the game or just stir up controversy for no reason
#8Kamek69Posted 2/11/2013 8:58:45 AM
It's a bit strange is this game. They went for a less sexualised outfit for Wonder Woman (and Catwoman arguably) then put everything on show for Harley.
---
I defeated a raccoon! SCIENCE!
LOLLANDMASTER - SBAllen
#9Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/11/2013 8:59:48 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...

This whole misconception of Arkham City creating the pattern of over-sexualization needs to end. It's just a stupid excuse from "hardcore" comic fans who hate to admit the truth that it only rose her sexualization, but it worked with what was always there to begin with. Previously she wore a body tight suit and did flexible movements with her acrobatic skills. Still sounds sexy to me. Plenty of artworks have been drawing Harley in a sexual way for years, even before the Arkham games were a thought. I mean she's always trying to get Joker to really notice and love her by obediently doing whatever he says (like some sort of love slave) so it makes complete sense that she'd dress more sexy for him.

What you're doing is just straight-up nerdy nitpicking. Injustice is an alternate universe. NRS can do what the hell the want with their designs and apparently it's not a problem become the writers of DC comics have all green-lighted this stuff, so if you still have a problem then just don't buy the game.
#10kabukisamaPosted 2/11/2013 8:59:50 AM
Taizuku posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...

You're usually right, but you're absolutely wrong here.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fa/3/3f/Harley_Quinn.png

Harley's character has always been shown as sexy and seductive. That's part of her role to trick people for the Joker, to be sexy for the Joker. That's pretty much her whole deal. She's an acrobat in skintight clothing (because that's what acrobats wear).

You are completely and absolutely correct. Anyone remember this scene Batman :TAS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYSNUL2hrQM