Why is the joker in the game?

#1K3-MyrluPosted 2/15/2013 9:00:05 PM
I've read all 5 issues of the Injustice comic books so far and the joker died in issue 4. Superman goes into a fit of rage after having killed lois and goes after the Joker since he's responsible for the fear toxin mixed with kryptonite(Which he killed Scarecrow for), and punches him through the chest. His arm pretty much impales the joker.

How is the Joker in the game? The game takes place in present time, during Supermans tyrannical regime. Did the joker use a time travel machine or what? Major plot hole.
#2kimarousPosted 2/15/2013 9:05:31 PM
> Calling a plothole without knowing the whole plot

Seems legit.
#3LordRattergunPosted 2/15/2013 9:08:40 PM
Going by how the story trailer shows him in the present time (Why else would be be trying to kill Harley who is on Batman's side?) It seems like Joker gets revived somehow.

Probably by Ares.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#4DisgracefulSinsPosted 2/15/2013 9:14:07 PM
Probably revived as the above poster said.

Although, I personally hope he is dead in the game, and that him being playable is only in flashbacks to the point in the story building up to his death.

I think the story would be more impacting that way, and in one of the endings it can result in the Joker being revived for the sequel or something.
---
Wingmen-
we fly till we die
#5K3-Myrlu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:15:19 PM
I'm thinking that must be it, he gets revived somehow.
#6bd43Posted 2/15/2013 9:18:51 PM
The story likely involves time travel.

You can't seriously think that the story will stop at one of two points, with Supes beyond redemption or dead.

At the very least, his death scene is something that NRS would want to animate.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#7Flint444Posted 2/15/2013 9:57:08 PM
K3-Myrlu posted...
I've read all 5 issues of the Injustice comic books so far and the joker died in issue 4. Superman goes into a fit of rage after having killed lois and goes after the Joker since he's responsible for the fear toxin mixed with kryptonite(Which he killed Scarecrow for), and punches him through the chest. His arm pretty much impales the joker.

How is the Joker in the game? The game takes place in present time, during Supermans tyrannical regime. Did the joker use a time travel machine or what? Major plot hole.

Appreciate the spoiler allert there, pal. I hadn't read that far yet. Ah, well. I figured as much anyway. I was betting on Superman squeezing his head til it popped like a puss filled zit.
---
(This is NOT meant as an offensive remark. Repeat, NOT meant as an offensive remark)
#8ConradimusPrimePosted 2/15/2013 10:10:13 PM
It's been officially stated that the plot in this game does not follow a linear timeline: we jump back and forth between time periods, it doesn't necessarily play out in order

Saying he's revived by Ares only works once he's confirmed

I think the joker segment of the game chronologically takes place at the beginning, regardless of where it fits in terms of the campaign... Because having a dead character come back in the first game in the series where he died would be bad storytellling
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com
#9danggerdoom1Posted 2/15/2013 10:12:16 PM
There could be a C.A.D.M.U.S clone
---
Black FC:0260 9979 8718 / PSN; Soundwave2112
I don't feel pain...pain feels me!
#10K3-Myrlu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:43:31 PM
It's been officially stated that the plot in this game does not follow a linear timeline: we jump back and forth between time periods, it doesn't necessarily play out in order

Saying he's revived by Ares only works once he's confirmed

I think the joker segment of the game chronologically takes place at the beginning, regardless of where it fits in terms of the campaign... Because having a dead character come back in the first game in the series where he died would be bad storytellling

Ah I see, so if thats how the game is going to play out I expect Scarecrow to be one of the reveal characters. I'm assuming they'll go into that sub plot about him and the joker and the fear toxin.