Character tier speculation

#11THE_JOKE_KING33Posted 3/21/2013 4:21:44 PM
dualkatanafred posted...
What's the "Ha" trait supposed to be?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672472-injustice-gods-among-us/65728087
:)
---
Official Booster Gold of the Injustice Boards
I have looked into the abyss, and the abyss has looked into me. Neither liked what we saw. - Brother Theodore
#12Grimlock1990Posted 3/21/2013 4:33:44 PM
I wouldn't count harley out as lowest tier yet either. Even from what gameplay we've seen, she seems to have some nice combos. That pop gun from battle arena was a chargeable special that can e dash cancelled. Not a random thing from her trait
#13zuzu304Posted 3/21/2013 4:34:11 PM
Jump_Man7 posted...
Batman Tier:
Batman

Goku Tier:
Everyone else

you posting Goku tier has reminded me of a video i haven't seen in a while. thank you. heres the video for anyone who is curious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b0oQkjup4Q
---
GT: theplaya123
psn: rack1overload
#14KillerChristianPosted 3/21/2013 4:42:13 PM
Cat Woman Wonder Woman and Flash are looking top tier right now.
Superman Batman Bane and Green Lantern looking low /below average tier
#15dbwangerPosted 3/21/2013 4:53:56 PM
its waaaaaaaaaay too early to even begin to speculate about tiers
---
PSN: MR_McDull
#16Giru 017(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 6:23:38 PM
Grimlock1990 posted...
I wouldn't count harley out as lowest tier yet either. Even from what gameplay we've seen, she seems to have some nice combos. That pop gun from battle arena was a chargeable special that can e dash cancelled. Not a random thing from her trait

Yeah, it was that and most of her moves just seemed slow. Maybe she's a Mei Lee/Angel (KoF 02) kinda character who has link moves after an combo starter, but it just seems unlikely. I saw some rather extreme start up on most her moves which, if the opponent has been launched, sure, they connect, but other than that just seem sluggish.

She also happens to be one of the characters who's traits we know, and it's far from impressive. Joker Picture, Time Bomb and Poison Ivy Plant all pale in compassion to some of the stronger traits. The pop gun may be her sweet spot since it can be canceled, but nobody has yet to impress with this ability yet, time will tell if it's worth it. What IS interesting is that she can "dodge" mid-taunt, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.
---
-=The Slackers=- *The High Priest of Slackerism and perpetual E-Vileness*
#17Mister_SpykerPosted 3/21/2013 6:26:07 PM
its waaaaaaaaaay too early to even begin to speculate about tiers

This.

Seriously, this topic is riddled with stupidity beyond belief.
---
Men get arrested. Dogs get put down.
#18Giru 017(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 6:44:56 PM(edited)
Mister_Spyker posted...
This.

Seriously, this topic is riddled with stupidity beyond belief.

Care to elaborate on why? We have gameplay, several move lists and most characters revealed. We have a very basic understanding of who can do what and it's enough to take a guess (or, as the topic title says, speculate) on who has innate advantages due to their movelist and/or traits.

Some characters have things that, specially for fighting games, seem broken, such as flashes time slowdown. We don't know the final mechanics on it, but Flash is (at the time) clearly the best (from a competitive perspective AND taking NRS's previous MK9 [and similar playing] Kabal as reference) looking character. Speculating on potential tiers is no different the speculating on the roster, move set or story mode. It'll be interesting to see how this reflects on the final product.

If you have no opinion on this or simply do not care for tiers, I wonder what need there was to post that. It clearly "bothered" you enough to read and post in a thread which has SPECULATION in it's topic title. So please, enlighten me as to how it's "riddled with stupidity beyond belief" to SPECULATE on a subject in the appropriate board with a accurately named topic.

EDIT:
Hey, I have a better idea, why don't we make another WHO WE WANT AS DLC thread! :)
---
-=The Slackers=- *The High Priest of Slackerism and perpetual E-Vileness*
#19EchoPianistPosted 3/21/2013 8:33:04 PM
Catwoman's offense looks relentless, I think she will be top tier. She reminds me of Wolverine. Pure HAM character.