No unlockable Characters

#1Flownaway86Posted 3/24/2013 10:20:34 AM
Sanchez just said that. Every character will be available since the beginning.
#2felicaPosted 3/24/2013 10:25:22 AM
Thats how all fighters should be.
---
Patiently waiting for DmC,Tomb Raider,Last of Us,Stick Of Truth-UMvC3 team Spencer/Dorm/Sentinel XBL-Phillyrider8072 Black 2 FC-1034 9297 3420
#3bd43Posted 3/24/2013 10:26:07 AM
felica posted...

No it isn't.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#4THE_JOKE_KING33Posted 3/24/2013 10:26:57 AM
bd43 posted...
felica posted...

No it isn't.

I agree with bd43.
---
Official Booster Gold of the Injustice Boards
I have looked into the abyss, and the abyss has looked into me. Neither liked what we saw. - Brother Theodore
#5mrjoe_94Posted 3/24/2013 10:28:15 AM
felica posted...

Damn right. To paraphrase Zero Punctuation in a clean and non-vulgar fashion: Fighting games are all about multiplayer and the party atmosphere, if you spend time unlocking characters you become "That Guy" who's better than everyone else 'cause you played it more and it's not fun for anyone else, you lifeless jerk!
---
---
PSN: Mrjoe1994
#6RedGenesisPosted 3/24/2013 10:28:20 AM
That sucks, if it's true.

So there are only 24 characters in the game, as is.

I like being able to unlock a character or two (or 4) in a game.
---
Jukebox! I'm gonna put 7 dollars worth of Hoobastank in it and I'm coming back to hang with you bros!
#7WeAllAsked4ThisPosted 3/24/2013 10:29:36 AM
felica posted...

I agree. Unlockable costumes/modes/etc are cool, but unlockable characters just make things a bit more tedious. Sometimes people just want to pick up and play with their favorite character, without worrying about having to unlock them. Having no unlockable characters also helps out with the competitive/tournament crowd too.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OkjtyeO.gif
http://i.imgur.com/lkYzd31.gif
#8RagirothPosted 3/24/2013 10:29:50 AM
Every year the replay value in fighting games, at least for casual/in between gamers takes another bullet. =\

This was confirmed awhile ago though, but it's a shame to see it definitely confirmed.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#9ichigohollowXPosted 3/24/2013 10:32:00 AM
Idk how I feel about this. I guess I'm kinda old schoolish but, I always liked unlocking characters ( makes everything feel more accomplished) but with that star labs missions to unlock costumes and other goods, I guess this was the right decision
---
Nobody can survive without God. God knows our pain, our feelings, our wants and needs. However us humans have to realize, nothing God does is an instance.
#10bd43Posted 3/24/2013 10:33:52 AM
WeAllAsked4This posted...
felica posted...

I agree. Unlockable costumes/modes/etc are cool, but unlockable characters just make things a bit more tedious. Sometimes people just want to pick up and play with their favorite character, without worrying about having to unlock them. Having no unlockable characters also helps out with the competitive/tournament crowd too.

Asking you to take about 5-10 hours aside and play the game, potentially getting decent at it, to get a few characters is a better option than having the multiplayer be the focus when the online will alienate at least a third of the crowd after a week anyway.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.