Do people hate Superman that much?

#1WicthBalderPosted 3/26/2013 10:48:38 PM
Superman is a kind, competent, LIKABLE superhero who uses his powers to help others and yet he's labeled as a villain in this game. Do people really think that just by having Superman's powers you automatically become a dick? As a superman fan, it really urks me to a point where i may not pick up this game.
#2Omega_PyroPosted 3/26/2013 10:54:03 PM
He didn't automatically become evil because he has power. He was pushed off the deep-end and is using his powers to keep the world safe. Read the Injustice comic, it makes everything a lot clearer.

As far as hating Superman...I've hated him since I was born and I plan to hate him for the next 60 years. Just not my cup of tea.
---
"My plans are always practical! It's the laws of physics that get in the way of my success." - Red Mage
#3dr2448Posted 3/26/2013 10:56:42 PM
People just hate him because he is the most powerful comic book character of all time.

He's the villian on this game because he wants revenge on the Joker and forms his own regime.
#4kimarousPosted 3/26/2013 11:03:35 PM
Sure, some people just don't like Superman for various reasons, but think back to the various movies, games, and other stories you've experienced from the past. There's bound to be at least one antagonist or villain that you've enjoyed or liked to at least some extent. Heck, maybe you liked two or three even more so than the hero.

Making someone an antagonist =/= people hating that person
#5dabigz06Posted 3/26/2013 11:05:17 PM
i hate his writing. all he does is get more and More and MORE powerful over the years. i dont mind him being the strongest hero but give the guy a cap. he rarely out smarts someone its almost always overpower. in a few years his farts will be power supplys and Batman will weave Superman's hair to make the perfect suit

Where will it end!!
---
When feeding trolls keep your palms open and steady or you may lose a finger
#6SSBR10Posted 3/26/2013 11:05:34 PM
People hate Superman because they think he's the perfect "goody two-shoes" with no flaws and these are usually the same people who don't even truly know the character.

dr2448 posted...
People just hate him because he is the most powerful comic book character of all time.

lol Nope. That's all wrong.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#7MasterFoxCheif3Posted 3/26/2013 11:12:21 PM
You wanna know why people hate Superman? Because Batman exists.
#8I_phantomPosted 3/26/2013 11:12:44 PM
If you're going to rage that much over what the game is doing to the character you should at least look into why he's acting this way.

Not to mention his primary costume is completely true to the normal Superman we all know and love(or hate).
#9WeAllAsked4ThisPosted 3/26/2013 11:13:09 PM
I think many people who dislike Superman don't even really know him and just base their distaste on the idea they formed of him from various brief encounters with the characters (games, movies, cartoons, etc.). They think he is a shallow cookie-cutter hero who is too powerful and does good deeds for no real reason other than goodness' sake itself. They consider him a bland archetype.

At school whenever I hear people say they are Marvel fans instead of DC fans, they always say it's because Marvel characters are more "interesting" and "relatable" than DC characters, and they always name Superman as an example of the ultimate uninteresting/unrelatable character. Then I ask them if they ever actually read a Superman comic and of course they always say no.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibyHmAbpH5r5RB.gif
http://i.minus.com/iolofTBhyw6bQ.gif
#10MasterFoxCheif3Posted 3/26/2013 11:18:15 PM
WeAllAsked4This posted...
I think many people who dislike Superman don't even really know him and just base their distaste on the idea they formed of him from various brief encounters with the characters (games, movies, cartoons, etc.). They think he is a shallow cookie-cutter hero who is too powerful and does good deeds for no real reason other than goodness' sake itself. They consider him a bland archetype.

At school whenever I hear people say they are Marvel fans instead of DC fans, they always say it's because Marvel characters are more "interesting" and "relatable" than DC characters, and they always name Superman as an example of the ultimate uninteresting/unrelatable character. Then I ask them if they ever actually read a Superman comic and of course they always say no.

But who would a human relate to more? The god walking among ants or the dorky teenager in a spider costume?