Played the demo and the game feels like a souped up MK however its a good thing.

#1RJ-MacReadyPosted 4/2/2013 2:43:34 PM
Let me say first im very and i mean very impressed with the graphics. Not only do the character models look great but the way the characters move/animation is done very well. Gameplay wise it does feel like a MK game but a little faster more fluid. Its not of course exactly like MK but the game feels so similar that you could say its a tweaked version of the gameplay engine.

Now i dont want to sound negative but i really dont have high hopes for the netcode after playing MK online. If this game ships with an AMAZING netcode i could see people playing this for a long time and we all know the story mode for this game will be great because WB games/Netherream puts a lot of work into that aspect. Hopefully when all is said and done the gameplay/character balance make this a high level play worth game.

Never has a fighting game demo changed my initial feelings about a game and now lets get a Swamp Thing announcement.
---
PSN TheTHCGamer
LIVE TheSativaGamer
#2CorndogburglarPosted 4/2/2013 2:46:31 PM
RJ-MacReady posted...
Let me say first im very and i mean very impressed with the graphics. Not only do the character models look great but the way the characters move/animation is done very well. Gameplay wise it does feel like a MK game but a little faster more fluid. Its not of course exactly like MK but the game feels so similar that you could say its a tweaked version of the gameplay engine.

Now i dont want to sound negative but i really dont have high hopes for the netcode after playing MK online. If this game ships with an AMAZING netcode i could see people playing this for a long time and we all know the story mode for this game will be great because WB games/Netherream puts a lot of work into that aspect. Hopefully when all is said and done the gameplay/character balance make this a high level play worth game.

Never has a fighting game demo changed my initial feelings about a game and now lets get a Swamp Thing announcement.

I don't know, man. The devs know that one of the only complaints with MK9 was the netcode. They said they spent nearly 2 years improving it, so hopefully it paid off.
---
Everyone said it was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.
#3chiefofsb78Posted 4/2/2013 2:50:06 PM
You can see it uses the MK9 engine but it doesnt play or feel like MK9 at all it doesnt even have dial a combos it threw me off for a sec and had to adjust to it cant wait for the release this is gonna be so good
#4RJ-MacReady(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 2:56:32 PM
Corndogburglar posted...
RJ-MacReady posted...

I don't know, man. The devs know that one of the only complaints with MK9 was the netcode. They said they spent nearly 2 years improving it, so hopefully it paid off.

Still worried though because they also said good things about he MK netcode saying how it was built from the ground up and we all know how that netcode turned out.
---
PSN TheTHCGamer
LIVE TheSativaGamer
#5RJ-MacReady(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 2:58:42 PM
chiefofsb78 posted...
You can see it uses the MK9 engine but it doesnt play or feel like MK9 at all it doesnt even have dial a combos it threw me off for a sec and had to adjust to it cant wait for the release this is gonna be so good

Well the way the combos feel and the way you perform some of the attacks very much feel like MK. Ill put it this way someone with a MK background will have a much easier time transitioning and thats because it does share similarities with MK.
---
PSN TheTHCGamer
LIVE TheSativaGamer
#6Storm ChamberPosted 4/2/2013 2:59:35 PM
I think we should've gotten just a little bit more

6 characters....3-4 stages

wouldnt be terrible :x
---
"We will not solve our problems by announcing them to the general public. We only speed ourselves on our way to the gallows." - Dr. Harlan Fontaine
#7RJ-MacReady(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 3:11:36 PM
Storm Chamber posted...
I think we should've gotten just a little bit more

6 characters....3-4 stages

wouldnt be terrible :x

I feel you but i feel thats giving away to much of the game. The demo is suppose to give you a feel of the game and your incentive to buy those games our those characters that you dont get to play. I really dont like fighting game demos in the first place because even though you might not like a particular character another one might appeal to you.

So you might get a feel for the game but you wont get the same experience say like playing a FPS demo. You get more out of a FPS demo then you do a fighting game because the actual characters and roster are what make a fighting game. Hey be happy you got a demo though because a lot of fighting games dont get one or get one after the games released.
---
PSN TheTHCGamer
LIVE TheSativaGamer
#8NightMareBunnyPosted 4/2/2013 3:57:42 PM
yeah a psn friend of mien said it's souped up MK9 before even playing the demo...said the same thing after playing it

it's why he won't play it(unless they add swamp thing)
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
#9GrimMTrixXPosted 4/2/2013 4:01:26 PM
my ONLY problem with MK was online being unplayable either from not getting into a match or the match lagging up a storm. So if they fixed that then Injustice will be my new fighter fixation
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
#10tte02000Posted 4/2/2013 4:04:13 PM
Dash cancels to juggle opponents seems to be absent in this game so that definitely makes this feel different from MK9 for me.