Anyone else on the board only a casual fighting game player?

#11ExtremeGamer93Posted 4/3/2013 8:02:06 AM
I'm casual, don't have the time nor money to go to tournaments. But I do play competitive online ... I also don't send hate mail...actually if you want to add me on psn, I'll play when I need a break from programming. PSN: newkid2naruto
#12TaizukuPosted 4/3/2013 8:02:31 AM
chiefofsb78 posted...
Nobody on these boards are pro players lol just casuals

That's not true at all. There are some serious players on here, and I know a handful among us.
---
They don't have Tuesday in Outworld, Shao Khan banned it, they simply have 2 Mondays so that Outworld residents can be twice as miserable about going to work.
#13streetfighter76Posted 4/3/2013 8:09:59 AM
I made the same question here about a month ago 'cause I was getting somewhat annoyed to see nothing but comics nerds criticizing the roster and wanting some obscure comics characters nobody knows but them to be included here.

To me it's a fact this community will be full of them at first and some will feel frustrated to realize that a LOT of people are gonna be better (or MUCH better) than them and maybe they are simply gonna drop the game out of fear of getting constantly abused online.

But judging by the demo the game will be very good so I hope many of them will try to stay and make an effort to keep up with us, the FG community.
Even so I can assure you right now, this is gonna be one of those games FULL of RQers and a lot of them are going to be the kind of ppl I described previously... >_>
#14Mortuss_ZeroPosted 4/3/2013 8:16:37 AM
I'm definitely casual, I'll play single player and with friends. I'll probably only go online 5-10 times total with it.
---
Wake up and face me. Don't play dead, because maybe one day I will walk away and say "you disappoint me, maybe you're better off this way"
#15casedawgz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 8:18:50 AM
streetfighter76 posted...
I made the same question here about a month ago 'cause I was getting somewhat annoyed to see nothing but comics nerds criticizing the roster and wanting some obscure comics characters nobody knows but them to be included here.

To me it's a fact this community will be full of them at first and some will feel frustrated to realize that a LOT of people are gonna be better (or MUCH better) than them and maybe they are simply gonna drop the game out of fear of getting constantly abused online.

But judging by the demo the game will be very good so I hope many of them will try to stay and make an effort to keep up with us, the FG community.
Even so I can assure you right now, this is gonna be one of those games FULL of RQers and a lot of them are going to be the kind of ppl I described previously... >_>

So you have a problem with a game about DC comics characters attracting DC comics fans? I'm certainly much more interested in the subject matter than I am in the fight mechanics.
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#16Knives13Posted 4/3/2013 8:23:49 AM
casedawgz posted...

So you have a problem with a game about DC comics characters attracting DC comics fans? I'm certainly much more interested in the subject matter than I am in the fight mechanics.

This.
#17FF_FiendPosted 4/3/2013 8:40:39 AM

Wait, we're asking for obscure characters?

They have Killer Frost over Captain Cold, for gods sake. You don't need to touch a comic to know that's just wrong.

Just watch an episode of the Superfriends.

Also yeah. You're being a snob elitist for a game that isn't even out. Go get a job and make friends.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#18casperwhatPosted 4/3/2013 8:47:26 AM
I'm a scrub. I know all the lingo and techical stuff. Follow Evo and all the smaller events, but I'm not that great online. I still have playing with friends though.
---
Wurd..
Killin' time with: Tomb Raider, Pokemon: Emerald, DotA 2, MGR:R
#19StrawHatLustigPosted 4/3/2013 8:49:23 AM
I try my best to learn the characters I like and play with a dedicated group of friends. I would never jump into any form of competitive scene though. Doesn't interest me in the slightest. I'm one of a dying breed that still play video games for fun.
---
Currently playing: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, DMC: Devil May Cry, The Legend of Dragoon
#20Drizzy_DrizakePosted 4/3/2013 8:52:21 AM
I'm pretty bad at them, but I still have fun. It's just a game I try not to take it so seriously
---
I guess I prefer spasms about my voice to spasms about my ass - Karu