The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Joker Low Tier?

#1WT_NeptunePosted 4/13/2013 6:48:54 PM
JDM, someone with a respectable opinions, says he looks pretty low tier. Hmm. Maybe he's just Viper Tier or Jax Tier? Maybe he really sucks? But I'm glad he's not braindead. I may actually use him now.
---
Scan editor, Tournament frequenter, liker of water-related-type-stuff.
Consider me a salty ocean for now until I stop being ass at Marvel.
#2The_Letter_KPosted 4/13/2013 6:56:51 PM
Use him if you want to use him. Don't concern yourself with BS about tiers or whether or not some guy who plays in tournaments likes him.
---
"The beatings will continue until the staph infection improves!" - CM Punk
#3Mistah_J4479Posted 4/13/2013 6:57:36 PM
i actually like using him a lot. hes fun to use and his intro and win outro are hilarious.
#4SmokeRyuPosted 4/13/2013 7:01:22 PM
Viper in UMVC3?

I thought she was generally agreed to be one of the better chars.
---
PSN: goonodeath XBL: AllCityKing
"I wanna quit, it's like I'm tired of breathing, so my stress confess to a favorite song."
#5demonlegatoPosted 4/13/2013 7:02:48 PM
The_Letter_K posted...
Use him if you want to use him. Don't concern yourself with BS about tiers or whether or not some guy who plays in tournaments likes him.

THIS, SO MUCH THIS. Never understood why people care so much about tiers. Use who you like to play as... period.
#6jay7018Posted 4/13/2013 7:03:04 PM
SmokeRyu posted...
Viper in UMVC3?

Shes pretty good in sf4 as well (after you pass he execution barrier) . Not sure what he means.
---
The Official Pimp Hand of the Tampa Bay Rays...
#7Sony_7Posted 4/13/2013 7:04:48 PM
Never heard of JDM, but I don't care if he's the worst character in the game. Still gonna be my main 100%! Besides, according Pig Of The Hut, Joker's really good. I'm not too worried, but even if he's bad, he's still my character.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#8KumoriKidPosted 4/13/2013 7:10:17 PM
People said the same crap about Baraka... I mained him (and Noob Saibot) and won 100% of the battles I fought with him. Tiers are for people who can't play fair, and rely on the most powerful moves, combos, longest reaches, etc. to win a match out of sheer luck. A higher tier just ups the odds for them. Anybody can win with any character with the right strategy.
---
PSN: kumorikid
Platinums: Borderlands, Blazblue CT, Tekken 6, Batman Arkham Asylum
#9WT_Neptune(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 7:10:26 PM
SmokeRyu posted...
Viper in UMVC3?

Yes. Both Jax and Viper are apparently S Tier with nobody pulling out their full potential, so in practice, they suck.

And I concern myself because I don't like being a part of a mass of indistinguishable representatives of a popular character. I like to bring a unique experience when you fight me, rather than "Oh, another x". So if Joker is both one of the most popular villains in the DC Universe, and is top tier, there will be a dominant amount of them online/in tourney that I can't distinguish myself from.
---
#10WT_Neptune(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 7:14:39 PM
KumoriKid posted...
People said the same crap about Baraka... I mained him (and Noob Saibot) and won 100% of the battles I fought with him. Tiers are for people who can't play fair, and rely on the most powerful moves, combos, longest reaches, etc. to win a match out of sheer luck. A higher tier just ups the odds for them. Anybody can win with any character with the right strategy.

Umm, both those characters are great reactive/counter characters. MK9's tiering wasn't really skewed any way where there were a lot of unplayable characters. Only Sindel and Stryker to me struck me as kind of useless in higher competition. My online partner mained Baraka, so I definitely know what that monster can do.
---