Is This Fight Stick Any Good?

#1TheEpicSandwichPosted 4/15/2013 10:55:51 AM(edited)
http://tinyurl.com/ce839na

I've never used a stick before, but I've really wanted to get into fighting games for a while, and this game looks to be the one to get me started. Not that I'm trying to go cheap or anything, but I just would rather not spend $100+ in case I didn't like the stick.. plus this one looks kinda cute.
#2Clouded_LeopardPosted 4/15/2013 10:58:06 AM
Honestly making the controller to stick transition is really difficult, and for a minimal amount of edge. So unless you're extremely dedicated to the idea of making the transition don't bother. I speak from experience.
---
Forum (Noun)
- A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
#3TheEpicSandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 11:00:42 AM
Well I have yet to play the game, so I'd imagine starting out wouldn't be as hard as the transition. I just heard its easier to do combos and such on a stick, and it's more fun.. I also play MvC3, and I heard stick is better on there also.
#4BeardedXBatmanPosted 4/15/2013 11:11:11 AM
Clouded_Leopard posted...
Honestly making the controller to stick transition is really difficult, and for a minimal amount of edge. So unless you're extremely dedicated to the idea of making the transition don't bother. I speak from experience.

^this is untrue, TC. it's take you 2 to 3 days at most to feel comfortable with a stick and after a month, you'll never be able to go back.

to answer your original question.... no. sadly, that stick is not all that great. if you're serious about making the transition, then at the very least you should get one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Major-League-Gaming-Playstation/dp/B005LTSS6I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1366052873&sr=8-4&keywords=mad+catz+te

i think this is not only the best stick to learn on, but it's also one of the better sticks you will ever use period. i know it's more expensive, but it's really not worth buying a stick at all if it's not a good quality stick. you would just feel like your money had been wasted.

hope this helps!
---
XB Gamertag - BeardedXBatman
PSN ID - BeardedXBatman
#5DarragePosted 4/15/2013 11:12:26 AM
I played MVC2 on the dreamcast pad, GGX2 on the Ps2 controller, and Super Street Fighter 4 on Xbox pad.

I made the switch to stick and never looked back. It's all practice, but there are top players that play on pads too.
---
I'm waiting for you Kerrigan.
#6DarragePosted 4/15/2013 11:15:09 AM
The one you posted is not reccommend if you are serious. I would start with a madcatz stick due to the high quality parts. It should last you for years to come.
---
I'm waiting for you Kerrigan.
#7vashtrichamPosted 4/15/2013 11:18:35 AM
If i where you TC and i had both ps3 and xbox i would get a qanba q4 you can find them for around the same price as a madcats stick. I also recommend the hori RAP V3 SA kai for the layout and button spacing
---
Injustice Main: Superman Sub: Green lantern and Flash
#8SoaD0031Posted 4/15/2013 11:40:35 AM
BeardedXBatman posted...
Clouded_Leopard posted...

^this is untrue, TC. it's take you 2 to 3 days at most to feel comfortable with a stick and after a month, you'll never be able to go back.

to answer your original question.... no. sadly, that stick is not all that great. if you're serious about making the transition, then at the very least you should get one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Major-League-Gaming-Playstation/dp/B005LTSS6I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1366052873&sr=8-4&keywords=mad+catz+te

i think this is not only the best stick to learn on, but it's also one of the better sticks you will ever use period. i know it's more expensive, but it's really not worth buying a stick at all if it's not a good quality stick. you would just feel like your money had been wasted.

hope this helps!

I respectfully disagree that it only takes 2-3 days to get familiar with a stick. I honestly think it takes a few months to feel super comfortable with a stick.

Anyways, TC, I wouldn't get that cheap stick. You want a stick that is perfectly responsive and won't break. If you're gonna get a stick you might as well pay around $100 for a high quality stick.
---
PSN: SoaD_009
#9TheEpicSandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 3:31:18 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. The MadCatz one did look pretty solid I admit. I've seen some good reviews for the Mini Stick though, as well as people saying Hori is a solid stick company.. I'll look a little further into it and decide if I should save up the extra $70 or not. Thanks again!