Wager explanation

#1Victor75Posted 4/17/2013 2:13:22 PM
Total noob to this style of games (heard this is similar to MK9 which I have never played) -

So when this wage part breaks out during a fight - please explain what/when to press -

What I have been doing is pressing the 1st button I see on the bottom of my screen and RAPIDLY pressing it - I won once but I am pretty sure that's not how it works.

I 100% appreciated any help, and rock on!
#2moracPosted 4/17/2013 2:15:05 PM
If you go through the tutorial it explains the wager system.
#3XavierKnight4dPosted 4/17/2013 2:27:42 PM
The way wager system works is when you enter in a clash both fighters can wager parts of their super meter. The buttons correspond to that section so of square is under the first bar if you hit square you will wager one meter. If triangle is under the second bar and you press triangle you will wager two meters.

The winner is whoever wages the most and the winner gets either health restored or delivers a decent chunk of damage. Win or lose you forfeit those bars so if you have a full meter you'll most likely win the wager but lose all your bars
---
Undead
Psn: Xavier_magnus
#4Victor75(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 2:29:28 PM
morac posted...
If you go through the tutorial it explains the wager system.

I should have mentioned, I didn't understand it the way they explained it.
#5Victor75(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 2:30:32 PM
XavierKnight4d posted...
The way wager system works is when you enter in a clash both fighters can wager parts of their super meter. The buttons correspond to that section so of square is under the first bar if you hit square you will wager one meter. If triangle is under the second bar and you press triangle you will wager two meters.

The winner is whoever wages the most and the winner gets either health restored or delivers a decent chunk of damage. Win or lose you forfeit those bars so if you have a full meter you'll most likely win the wager but lose all your bars

Ok so basically whoever has more super meter at the time of wage, will win - my2nd question -

How do you initiate the wager system? Thanks for your help Xavier
#6yaboyPosted 4/17/2013 2:31:16 PM
Yeah, the tutorial kind of explained it like "here is a rubik's cube, it can be solved". I'm exaggerating for fun, cause I like fun.

What starts a clash wager thing? The cpu always does it to me, but I don't know how to do it to them.
#7yaboyPosted 4/17/2013 2:32:01 PM
Damnit, I forgot to thank Xavier.
#8XavierKnight4dPosted 4/17/2013 2:32:32 PM
You can also not bet anything and lose nothing.

Also if you want to bet 3 bars you don't need to hit all 3 buttons to wager the bars just need to press whatever button corresponds to the 3rd bar.
---
Undead
Psn: Xavier_magnus
#9Victor75(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 2:34:20 PM
yaboy posted...
Yeah, the tutorial kind of explained it like "here is a rubik's cube, it can be solved". I'm exaggerating for fun, cause I like fun.

What starts a clash wager thing? The cpu always does it to me, but I don't know how to do it to them.

That's rubiks cube comment was actually pretty funny lol
#10Victor75(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 2:34:57 PM
XavierKnight4d posted...
You can also not bet anything and lose nothing.

Also if you want to bet 3 bars you don't need to hit all 3 buttons to wager the bars just need to press whatever button corresponds to the 3rd bar.

Ok I follow - and any idea how to initiate it, or is it solely CPU's doing?