Ed Boon: "Injustice's roster is the most diverse in a video game yet"

#31NoizyChildPosted 4/17/2013 2:42:10 PM
It's true. Marvel can't be more diverse than this game. You CAN do the same combos with at least everybody in that game with the exception of 2-4 characters.

If that's the case, then you can do the same combos in this game as well. EVERYBODY has dial-a-combos. Magic Series and dial-a-combos are universal systems.

What makes characters unique are their play styles. In Marvel, you feel like you're actually using those characters. Frank West fights just the way you'd expect him to. When you're Taskmaster, you FEEL like you're using a mercenary that's copied various fighting styles. When you're Cap, you FEEL like you're using an American hero that hits like a truck, and has agility to boot.

In Injustice, while the characters are well done, they don't have the same SOUL to them as MVC3 characters do. I don't FEEL like I'm using Nightwing. I don't FEEL like I'm using Hal Jordan. The game is great, but it just feels like the characters don't have much personality outside of clash quotes.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#32The_Shadow_LinkPosted 4/17/2013 2:42:34 PM
I'd further disagree on the fact that for such a diverse fighting game. Every character only has one super move (Contrast to most fighters having anywhere between 2 to 4, and all of them do damage. No Buff Supers, No Foe Nerf Supers (Ala Amaterasu Viel of Mist) No Transformation supers (like Bang's FU-RIN-KA-ZAN!) , And no healing supers either (Like Rolls Heal or Valentines Revive Ally Super)

So, nope. This is not the most diverse be quite some margin.

Heck, he said Video Game, not just Fighting Games. I'm not even going to bring up other types of video games with insanely different and diverse roster of characters.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#33Sony_7Posted 4/17/2013 2:44:03 PM
Everyone having a projectile doesn't lessen diversity if they're all very different.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#34Thunder097Posted 4/17/2013 2:47:27 PM
NoizyChild posted...
It's true. Marvel can't be more diverse than this game. You CAN do the same combos with at least everybody in that game with the exception of 2-4 characters.

If that's the case, then you can do the same combos in this game as well. EVERYBODY has dial-a-combos. Magic Series and dial-a-combos are universal systems.

What makes characters unique are their play styles. In Marvel, you feel like you're actually using those characters. Frank West fights just the way you'd expect him to. When you're Taskmaster, you FEEL like you're using a mercenary that's copied various fighting styles. When you're Cap, you FEEL like you're using an American hero that hits like a truck, and has agility to boot.

In Injustice, while the characters are well done, they don't have the same SOUL to them as MVC3 characters do. I don't FEEL like I'm using Nightwing. I don't FEEL like I'm using Hal Jordan. The game is great, but it just feels like the characters don't have much personality outside of clash quotes.

They don't have personalty? You obviously hadn't played Injustice long enough to notice what are the characters saying while battling or when they finished their special etc.
---
My name is Thunder. Thunder the Demon Hunter.
#35TaizukuPosted 4/17/2013 2:48:17 PM
Thunder097 posted...
NoizyChild posted...

They don't have personalty? You obviously hadn't played Injustice long enough to notice what are the characters saying while battling or when they finished their special etc.

Thunder how could you say something as dumb as your first statement...you play Marvel?
---
Injustice Mains: Killer Frost & Ares
PSN: MobileFlame
#36I_phantomPosted 4/17/2013 2:48:36 PM
Obviously the dude wants to hype up his game with a bit of hyperbole. Every character is pretty unique though.
#37Thunder097Posted 4/17/2013 2:49:17 PM
Taizuku posted...
Thunder097 posted...
NoizyChild posted...

Thunder how could you say something as dumb as your first statement...you play Marvel?

Yeah o_o
---
My name is Thunder. Thunder the Demon Hunter.
#388824Posted 4/17/2013 2:51:36 PM
He's probably just refering to the DC cast and their superpowers/personalities.
#39LordRattergunPosted 4/17/2013 2:57:13 PM
Gotta agree that BB and GG casts are far more diverse.

Boon is just talking crap since those games aren't really well known outside of hardcore gamers.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#40MaTTF1980Posted 4/17/2013 2:57:59 PM
great not this guy again ppl this dude is a troll plz don't feed him