Free DLC costumes confirmed

#1Five BlowsPosted 4/17/2013 9:36:47 PM
"In terms of costumes, there's a lot to pull from, the pre-order bonuses, collector's edition, etc. Is the plan to include costumes with each of the DLC characters?"

Yes. This game has literally over 100 costumes between pre-order stuff, the ones you can buy, and the ones packed in the game. There's a ton of them. Giving people costumes is the way we can push the other content. For instance, if you download Lobo, we want it so you can play Lobo against me, but I need to have the Lobo content on my machine for you to use him against me. The way we're going to do that is to give away costumes. When you get your free costumes, you'll also get the necessary content to be compatible with everyone, so there's no issue of people not having downloads.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/17/netherrealms-ed-boon-moving-beyond-mortal-kombat-hints-on-injustice-dlc-and-life-after-midway.aspx

Amazing
---
"You're pretty strong, and the move. The one you did back there... BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Viewtiful Joe
#2badjab326Posted 4/17/2013 9:41:05 PM
Yeah, btw aren't the flashpoint skins up for free now too? I already got them in the season pass but I went to the DLC section of the menu and they are listed as free.
---
TTT2-Bruce & Bryan; UMvC3-Frank/Deadpool/Nems; MK9-Reptile
#3Robot_SoopaPosted 4/17/2013 9:44:23 PM
Showing up as 320 MSP for me.

Probably showed up free because you own it.
#4SmashKPosted 4/17/2013 9:45:04 PM
badjab326 posted...
Yeah, btw aren't the flashpoint skins up for free now too? I already got them in the season pass but I went to the DLC section of the menu and they are listed as free.

They are only listed as free because you pre-ordered the Season Pass. Now that you've done so, you have to actually download those Flashpoint costumes to use them. They don't just automatically show up because you purchased the Season Pass.
#5ConradimusPrimePosted 4/17/2013 9:46:41 PM
I bet some of those from the story mode will show up

such as classic sinestro, casual Hal, eveningwear Wonder Woman and so forth
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com
#6ConradimusPrimePosted 4/17/2013 9:47:31 PM
SmashK posted...
badjab326 posted...

They are only listed as free because you pre-ordered the Season Pass. Now that you've done so, you have to actually download those Flashpoint costumes to use them. They don't just automatically show up because you purchased the Season Pass.

Yes they do. I downloaded the season pass and the flashpoint skins were available to me, without any sort of additional purchase or download.
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com
#7CKnightPosted 4/17/2013 9:49:30 PM
NRS are idiots. They did the same thing with MK9 and many, many people can't be bothered to download the patch with the free costumes. So half the time I can't use Rian, Skarlette or Kenshi.

But they made Freddy mandatory.

Get ready to use Lobo once every 20 matches. This game won't be nearly as activeas MK9.
#8The_Ecstatic329Posted 4/17/2013 9:52:41 PM
CKnight posted...
NRS are idiots. They did the same thing with MK9 and many, many people can't be bothered to download the patch with the free costumes. So half the time I can't use Rian, Skarlette or Kenshi.

But they made Freddy mandatory.

Get ready to use Lobo once every 20 matches. This game won't be nearly as activeas MK9.

Was just thinking this. Make the Updates MANDATORY NRS!
---
It's spelled ridiculous not rediculous.
#9ZekenarPosted 4/17/2013 9:52:51 PM
ConradimusPrime posted...

Evening wear WW?? Does want!!
---
An explanation of cause is not a justification by reason.-C.S. Lewis
#10Disconnected17Posted 4/17/2013 9:55:02 PM
Zekenar posted...
ConradimusPrime posted...

Evening wear WW?? Does want!!

is that the outfit, that evil WW was wearing near the begining chapters?
---
PSN: Stitches89
Currently Playing: Injustice, Gran Turismo 5, Defiance