Transsexual Hero

#31The_Letter_KPosted 4/24/2013 9:39:47 PM
Dark_Maverick09 posted...
The_Letter_K posted...

I'm old fashion i threaten to burn people alive if they're different from me

There you go.

You're a bit late with that dude, try again next time.

Okay, I'll try again the next time you make a bigoted post. I'll keep an eye on the "this game needs more black characters" topics that pop up from time to time.
---
"The beatings will continue until the staph infection improves!" - CM Punk
#32LLink2411Posted 4/24/2013 9:44:28 PM
The_Letter_K posted...
The_Letter_K posted...

There you go.

Okay, I'll try again the next time you make a bigoted post. I'll keep an eye on the "this game needs more black characters" topics that pop up from time to time.

You do realize he was jo-

Nevermind, of course you can't tell.
---
This is the internet, we have millions of people taking out their problems, inadequacies, and hang-ups on others anonymously... like a digitized stress-ball.
#33SmashKPosted 4/24/2013 9:46:47 PM
Can I come out as a heterosexual now? Or, perhaps start a thread about how happy I am that there are heterosexual characters in the game?
#34The_Letter_KPosted 4/24/2013 9:48:05 PM
Yeah, he was joking, but jokes like that don't just come from nowhere. There's a big difference between "lol, genitals" jokes and "lol, I'd burn you to death, j/k"
---
#35LLink2411Posted 4/24/2013 9:54:04 PM
The_Letter_K posted...
Yeah, he was joking, but jokes like that don't just come from nowhere. There's a big difference between "lol, genitals" jokes and "lol, I'd burn you to death, j/k"

Well that is a historical practice, which IS the heart of the joke.

You might have known he was joking, but you didn't/couldn't understand what made the joke tick. That or you purposely missed the point to have your chance at being the passive-aggressive "hero."
---
This is the internet, we have millions of people taking out their problems, inadequacies, and hang-ups on others anonymously... like a digitized stress-ball.
#36Dark_Maverick09Posted 4/24/2013 9:55:40 PM
The_Letter_K posted...
The_Letter_K posted...

There you go.

: ) sounds like a plan i'll bring the punch and pie
#371958FuryPosted 4/24/2013 9:56:24 PM
The_Letter_K posted...

This. And "just kidding" is not some magic phrase that lets you get away with saying anything. And besides, what kind of joke is, "I'd like to set you on fire?" Serious or not, where's the actual wit? How is that a joke?
---
360: MattAndKJ
3DS: 1306-5310-8353
#38The_Letter_KPosted 4/24/2013 9:56:28 PM
The_Letter_K posted...
The_Letter_K posted...

There you go.

: ) sounds like a plan i'll bring the punch and pie

Ooh, I like pie. You must not be that bad after all.
---
#39LLink2411Posted 4/24/2013 10:04:37 PM
1958Fury posted...
The_Letter_K posted...

This. And "just kidding" is not some magic phrase that lets you get away with saying anything. And besides, what kind of joke is, "I'd like to set you on fire?" Serious or not, where's the actual wit? How is that a joke?

Ok, since there is apparently a severe deficit on this forum I will explain his joke to you.

Many years ago, it was very common to burn outcasts alive in public.

The phrase "old fashioned" refers to things and practices common in bygone years.

Put the two together:

"I'm old fashioned (the setup, he's tossing out a harmless statement that will disctract you from...), I like to burn people I find different to me (... the punchline, an irreverent statement made to elicit a well-humored response)." Basically he is saying that he is very traditional, then referring to something that was common hundreds of years ago. Light chuckle, close curtains, roll credits.

Listen, I know the average age on gfaqs is 16, but DEAR ****ING LORD HOW DO YOU MISS THAT LOB OF A JOKE!?
---
#40The_Letter_KPosted 4/24/2013 10:09:57 PM
...You're aware that he didn't actually say that, right? He said the old fashioned part, and I edited in the "people who are different" part in reference to his previous comments.

In essence, I made the joke that you're accusing me of not getting.
---