Transsexual Hero

#41shadowsofdawnPosted 4/24/2013 10:10:20 PM
SmashK posted...
Can I come out as a heterosexual now? Or, perhaps start a thread about how happy I am that there are heterosexual characters in the game?

You are not allowed to say anything positive about being heterosexual or caucasian in gfaqs. Your topic would get modded within 5 minutes.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#42LLink2411Posted 4/24/2013 10:13:11 PM
The_Letter_K posted...
...You're aware that he didn't actually say that, right? He said the old fashioned part, and I edited in the "people who are different" part in reference to his previous comments.

In essence, I made the joke that you're accusing me of not getting.

Same joke really, you just clarified it.
---
This is the internet, we have millions of people taking out their problems, inadequacies, and hang-ups on others anonymously... like a digitized stress-ball.
#43ConradimusPrimePosted 4/24/2013 10:13:55 PM
I dunno, even making this is like asking for transphobic replies.
Everybody reserves the right to be who they feel like they should be.
I see trans women as women, so if Batgirl was a transexual it wouldn't make her any less of a woman to me.

That said, she's not. That "article" was a joke, as I assume your user name is.
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com
#44The_Letter_KPosted 4/24/2013 10:14:32 PM
LLink2411 posted...
The_Letter_K posted...
...You're aware that he didn't actually say that, right? He said the old fashioned part, and I edited in the "people who are different" part in reference to his previous comments.

In essence, I made the joke that you're accusing me of not getting.

Same joke really, you just clarified it.

It wasn't the same joke at all, the original reference to burning came before any mention of being old fashioned. Read the topic.
---
"The beatings will continue until the staph infection improves!" - CM Punk
#451958FuryPosted 4/24/2013 10:17:54 PM
LLink2411 posted...
Listen, I know the average age on gfaqs is 16, but DEAR ****ING LORD HOW DO YOU MISS THAT LOB OF A JOKE!?

I don't buy it. I'm simply not gullible enough to believe that Dark Maverick's initial statement, "I would like to do to you what Joker does to the loser when he wins : o" was intended as some deep joke about how old fashioned people used to deal with the differently-gendered in the old days. Rewriting history after a negative smacks of Parody Retcon:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ParodyRetcon

But even your explanation is remotely true, it's still not even a little bit witty or humorous.
---
360: MattAndKJ
3DS: 1306-5310-8353
#46LLink2411Posted 4/24/2013 10:29:42 PM
1958Fury posted...
LLink2411 posted...
Listen, I know the average age on gfaqs is 16, but DEAR ****ING LORD HOW DO YOU MISS THAT LOB OF A JOKE!?

I don't buy it. I'm simply not gullible enough to believe that Dark Maverick's initial statement, "I would like to do to you what Joker does to the loser when he wins : o" was intended as some deep joke about how old fashioned people used to deal with the differently-gendered in the old days. Rewriting history after a negative smacks of Parody Retcon:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ParodyRetcon

But even your explanation is remotely true, it's still not even a little bit witty or humorous.

All I saw was the quote I said in my post, I never saw that one. Plus he did the :o face, he was obviously being facetious.

And a tvtropes link? Really?
---
This is the internet, we have millions of people taking out their problems, inadequacies, and hang-ups on others anonymously... like a digitized stress-ball.
#47The Wheelman1Posted 4/24/2013 10:31:32 PM
So now Batgirl isnt really Bat "girl". I don't know what to think.
---
XBox Live GT: MastaMez
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheWheelman1
#48chipmunxPosted 4/24/2013 10:37:11 PM
kikook posted...
serpentaurus posted...
You have Robin already.

Did you know, the person who started the rumor that Batman and Robin were gay was doing so because he wanted to see comics destroyed? He believe comics were immoral and wanted them gone. So he started the whole "Robin and Batman are more than friends."

That doesn't make the slew of (possibly) unintentional innuendo between the two of them in comics history any less funny.
---
Gamertag: Fudzie
#49The_Letter_KPosted 4/24/2013 10:38:00 PM
The Wheelman1 posted...

...it's been pointed out like 5 times in this topic that the guy who made that blog post didn't even read his own source. Batgirl isn't trans, her room mate is.
---
"The beatings will continue until the staph infection improves!" - CM Punk
#50ConradimusPrimePosted 4/24/2013 10:47:55 PM
The Wheelman1 posted...

Though it's been pointed out that this really isn't the case, some of us define "girl" differently.

Even if it were true, batgirl would still be a girl to some of us.
Takes all types to make the world go round.
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com