Aris Responds to Community's Infantile Cries for Nerfing

#201Lorenzo_2003Posted 4/26/2013 3:23:08 PM
R.J. MacReady was in the best Sci-Fi Horror movie of all time. Of all time!!

Gonna go watch it now.
#202jay7018Posted 4/26/2013 6:39:08 PM
Lorenzo_2003 posted...

Gonna go watch it now.

He wasnt in Event Horizon
---
The Official Pimp Hand of the Tampa Bay Rays...
#203RJ-MacReadyPosted 4/27/2013 11:53:49 AM
Lorenzo_2003 posted...

Gonna go watch it now.

Right on glad you got the reference and i agree the best sci fi horror movie of all time and maybe the best horror movie of all time. Definitely my favorite horror movie hero.
---
PSN TheTHCGamer
LIVE TheSativaGamer
#204RJ-MacReadyPosted 4/27/2013 11:54:45 AM
jay7018 posted...
Lorenzo_2003 posted...

Gonna go watch it now.

He wasnt in Event Horizon

Event Horizon was another really good horror sci fi movie but i dont think it was as good as The THING.
---
PSN TheTHCGamer
LIVE TheSativaGamer
#205HerugrimPosted 4/27/2013 12:18:34 PM
This guy doesn't make any points. All he says is that it's too soon to judge. I wouldn't make a claim as broad as that, seeing as how people start to break down the metagame as soon as gameplay footage is leaked, and often have the beta fully deconstructed days ahead of retail. Add a week on top of that and the players that really know what they are doing will have a good idea of what's broken. Although I don't doubt that most of the players vocalizing issues are just sore losers raging. And I don't think anything should ever be banned.

He spends most of the video talking about how he likes to exploit the character, and justifies this by saying he's helping people learn to overcome that. Cheap excuse for racking up easy wins. He's no better than the crowd abusing Noob in MK. People like him are why I don't play online.
---
John Watson: "Well it isn't obvious to me."
Sherlock Holmes: "The world is full of obvious things that nobody notices."
#206xhominidPosted 4/28/2013 2:42:54 AM
...Half of the people here pissed me off badly...

How the hell would a casual NOT know when a character needs a nerf but a pro can? I remember hearing on Jaxelrod's channel during The Break #204 ChrisG simply showed how broken Captain Marvel was during the testing and NetherRealm responded by basically breaking him into nothing...

The funniest thing is that the DEVELOPERS THEMSELVES did the casual thing instead of simply nerfing him to balance with the others, the very thing half of the people are complaining the casuals will force the developers to do...

I'll toss off three examples of things that needed blatant nerfs or buffs that any casual or even intermediate player can see:

1) Sentinel:
For the people saying Sentinel before his nerf was pre-judged...is a moron. Sentinel had ALL the tools to be a monster and what really nerfed him was simply his HEALTH, nothing else was changed, but that was the single factor that killed Sentinel...why? Because Sentinel was the ONLY CHARACTER PAST THOR that can survive most thrashings from even pros unless they used certain Sentinel counters...which the opponents can easily have Sentinel Counter-Counterers, stagnating the game completely.
This ties with the second one from a simple game...

2) Garchomp:
Garchomp suffers THE EXACT SAME ISSUES AS SENTINEL but in a Pokemon package. Stupid high attack, good speed, great typing and even it's only weakness can be easily countered, had stupid amounts of lasting power with the right stuff, and he easily stagnated the entire metagame till he was outright banned. Even in this gen, he's STILL banned because of his new ability Sand Veil, which made it an absolute beast with Sandstorm setups.

3) Rachel Alucard BBCS:
Oh dear god, this was a nerfing that went too far. She was a monster in Calamity Trigger, but she virtually lost all her damage potential due to insane levels of either getting some of her moves lowered in damage or overall completely lowered damage scaling, which alone virtually killed her viability to the point even PLAYING as her means you had to run the timer down against anyone competent...

The issue is simply this: All sides need to be listened to, but there needs to be EVIDENCE in why they need to be scaled to the others. I completely agree that there are Skill Gate Characters that are just plain hard to fight(I know Iron Tager isn't THAT good, I just hate fighting the guy and CP and his new Aerial Tager Driver is not helping my confidence), and assists I honestly believed were too good(like Double's Assist in Skullgirls, Mike Z stated you had to learn to get by it but from my observation, the best way to get out of it was to jump, but too much pressure was guaranteed damage or simply hitstunning you straight to the other side of the screen) so yeah, I believe it's best to wait for atleast another 2-3 weeks before really going off on DS, but please wannabe pros, get off your damn high horse...
---
When you're Minato it means putting them both doggy style, putting seals on their asses and teleport-popping them like a beast. -NaughtyGhost
#207WT_NeptunePosted 5/2/2013 12:37:49 AM
Coming from a DS player...
---
Scan editor, Tournament frequenter, liker of water-related-type-stuff.
Shamelessly turtling as Grundy erryday!