Does batman annoy anyone else? (Batman in general)

#1Caolan_2k9Posted 4/26/2013 9:26:56 AM
I mean, I love nolans movie and Batman as a character is great but the idea that Batman has survived all that he has JUST because he's Batman is kind of stupid.
How many times has Batman beaten a supervillian who is superior in every way and should have crushed Batman but loses because the writers are in love with Batman?
Like for example. "Batman with prep time" is total ****. Every member of the JL with actual powers would decimate bats.
I wish Batman had more natural villians sometimes, there's only so much ridiculousness that I can take in a comic.
*I am not insulting any Batman fans* Anyone else find it silly sometimes?
---
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi
#2Icehound2Posted 4/26/2013 9:29:19 AM
He's my favorite DC character...but he annoyed the hell out of me in Injustice for many spoiler reasons.
---
M4A78T-E | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.21 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 (4 x 4GB) RAM | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB
#3cctrunks317Posted 4/26/2013 9:29:23 AM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
I mean, I love nolans movie and Batman as a character is great but the idea that Batman has survived all that he has JUST because he's Batman is kind of stupid.
How many times has Batman beaten a supervillian who is superior in every way and should have crushed Batman but loses because the writers are in love with Batman?
Like for example. "Batman with prep time" is total ****. Every member of the JL with actual powers would decimate bats.
I wish Batman had more natural villians sometimes, there's only so much ridiculousness that I can take in a comic.
*I am not insulting any Batman fans* Anyone else find it silly sometimes?

I kinda agree. I love Batman but I also don't buy into the whole prep time thing. I think, for example he could beat a much stronger opponent if they underestimated him. He is smart remember. However, kryptonite or no, if supes wanted Bats dead, he'd be dead. Bare in mind though, Batmans normal opponents in the bat books are usually just powerful martial artists or crimebosses. He doesnt usually have to face godlike beings alone.
#4thejman270Posted 4/26/2013 9:30:40 AM
- The same argument could easily be made for the Joker, and it would be much more evident in my opinion.

- However, i do agree with most, if not all, of these points.
#5ImMrMojoRisinPosted 4/26/2013 9:32:35 AM
Yeah, he annoys me with his awesomeness.
#6cctrunks317Posted 4/26/2013 9:34:47 AM
thejman270 posted...
- The same argument could easily be made for the Joker, and it would be much more evident in my opinion.

- However, i do agree with most, if not all, of these points.

^True. But the same argument could be made for ALOT of comic super heroes. I mean look at Spideys enemies? I love Spider-Man (Peter Parker, not Doc Ock) but it's requires a certain amount of suspension of disbelief, even for a comic, that the Sinister Six couldn't kill him. Almost all of Spideys villains are more powerful than him. He's alive, as well as many other heroes, simply because they're popular. people wanna read em and people wanna write em.
#7Knowledge_KingPosted 4/26/2013 9:35:47 AM
His PIS is annoying to me as is his very flawed Moral Code of not killing. If anyone should kill, it should be Batman IMO.
---
http://www.reverbnation.com/intellectualquota
http://www.numberonemusic.com/rims/
#8ImMrMojoRisinPosted 4/26/2013 9:36:39 AM
Knowledge_King posted...
His PIS is annoying to me as is his very flawed Moral Code of not killing. If anyone should kill, it should be Batman IMO.

But he doesn't, because he's awesome.
#9cctrunks317Posted 4/26/2013 9:37:38 AM
Knowledge_King posted...

Batmans dark, but he's an altruist, if that's the right word for it. He doesn;t seem it but he deeply cares about humanity and believes in the system. However, he knows if he kills even one villain he'd be able to Justify killing them all. Then he'd be at odds with he police and other heroes and he would be taken down.
#10crono12064Posted 4/26/2013 9:50:57 AM(edited)
cctrunks317 posted...
Knowledge_King posted...

Batmans dark, but he's an altruist, if that's the right word for it. He doesn;t seem it but he deeply cares about humanity and believes in the system. However, he knows if he kills even one villain he'd be able to Justify killing them all. Then he'd be at odds with he police and other heroes and he would be taken down.

I always thought that if he ever crossed that line, he would be no different from the murderers and villains he hunts.
---
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Too much sanity may be madness and maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.