Does batman annoy anyone else? (Batman in general)

#31KaraduinPosted 4/30/2013 5:46:06 AM
The Bat doesnt annoy me. He's too cool in fact. Another thing about his not killing in the Nolanverse: didnt he basically send Two-Face plummeting to his death?

Then there's the Arkham City game - yeah sure Batman doesnt kill but he will break your legs in 3 places and leave you on a rooftop in the cold in a neighborhood recently turned into an open jail??!??
#32LLink2411Posted 4/30/2013 6:21:00 AM
I see not a single person in this thread read "Batman and Psychology."

Yawn.
---
This is the internet, we have millions of people taking out their problems, inadequacies, and hang-ups on others anonymously... like a digitized stress-ball.
#33The Hero Of TimePosted 4/30/2013 7:26:28 AM
Batman does annoy me for two reasons...

- His fanboys tend to portray him as way better than he actually is. He's a very, very skilled individual, he is not unbeatable

- DC tends to promote him way too much, at the expense of other DC characters. There's a reason Marvel's B-Listers are usually not only better known, but more likely to be promoted to A-List (coughIronMancough)

As a fan of a large amount of characters outside the Trinity (Flash, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Green Arrow, and Zatanna being a few), I do get irritated by how much love Batman gets, from fans, certain writers, and DC themselves.
---
When Snake sees a "!" over someone's head, he runs and hides.
When the Pokemon Trainer sees a "!", he beats them up and takes their money.
#34EchoPianistPosted 4/30/2013 7:32:22 AM
Batman's alright. His fans though, on the other hand, always tend to act like 12-year olds.
#35thejman270Posted 4/30/2013 8:05:07 AM
The Hero Of Time posted...
Batman does annoy me for two reasons...

- His fanboys tend to portray him as way better than he actually is. He's a very, very skilled individual, he is not unbeatable

- DC tends to promote him way too much, at the expense of other DC characters. There's a reason Marvel's B-Listers are usually not only better known, but more likely to be promoted to A-List (coughIronMancough)

As a fan of a large amount of characters outside the Trinity (Flash, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Green Arrow, and Zatanna being a few), I do get irritated by how much love Batman gets, from fans, certain writers, and DC themselves.

- As you may have hinted on, many of the writers for DC are Batman and Joker fanboys themselves, so there's that.

- Additionally, Batman is the editorial's money maker if i'm not mistaken so there is unfortunately that fact to be taken into consideration as well.
#36augerrya3Posted 5/3/2013 9:59:33 AM
Its not batman that annoys me, Its the jl and crossover material that dictates cannon.

In his own material batman fights other humans. This makes it more realistic an exiting, on the other hand when take something like thr crisis books and say he's better than everyone else. That would be annoying with any charecter. Its like if rocky beat apolo creed the first time, yes we can acept it but we don't believe it.

Then there's the whole frank miller fan boy perspective "you TRUST in your POWERS to MUCH, you NEVER learned to THINK like I DID!" ... Yeah don't worry that annoys everyone.
#37TehMojodogsPosted 5/3/2013 10:04:43 AM
augerrya3 posted...
Its not batman that annoys me, Its the jl and crossover material that dictates cannon.

In his own material batman fights other humans. This makes it more realistic an exiting, on the other hand when take something like thr crisis books and say he's better than everyone else. That would be annoying with any charecter. Its like if rocky beat apolo creed the first time, yes we can acept it but we don't believe it.

Then there's the whole frank miller fan boy perspective "you TRUST in your POWERS to MUCH, you NEVER learned to THINK like I DID!" ... Yeah don't worry that annoys everyone.

Batman's rogues consists of powerful monsters, metas and robots too though.

such as Bane, Clayface, Poison Ivy, Freeze, etc.
---
Join the Fight! Defeat the Reich!
https://www.facebook.com/CoalitiontoStopGunViolence?fref=ts
#38augerrya3Posted 5/3/2013 5:46:19 PM
Yeah his foes are tough but its nothing he can't handle, heck you might be able to beat bane if you knew how.

I'm talkin bout when he faces anti monitors etheral monsters and guys who smack around superman easly.

I mean we all love the underdog and unless its done poorly,then I agree with tc.

For example in quite a few books batman gets show time and gets to finish the big bad, there just giving him fanservice when green lantern or any other massivly powerfull hero could of done it better

Its just poor writing and the auther trying to be apealing