In your opinion, will this game die?

#31SideburnGuruPosted 4/26/2013 2:27:37 PM
NoizyChild posted...
UMVC3 is pouplar?

I must be new here. I really hope Injustice lasts longer.

"Here" meaning Earth?

Gaming Earth Life thing.

I don't know, I thought there was the huge uproar made by fans and all that stuff about it. Gaming community. We'll complain about it, and still buy it.
---
PSN: RandomJD
Helping some peeps on Injustice. Any questions about the mobile version, message me!
#32Spider5800Posted 4/26/2013 2:33:20 PM
SideburnGuru posted...
NoizyChild posted...
UMVC3 is pouplar?

"Here" meaning Earth?

Gaming Earth Life thing.

I don't know, I thought there was the huge uproar made by fans and all that stuff about it. Gaming community. We'll complain about it, and still buy it.

There was an uproar about it, it made the original obsolete in 9 months. Ultimate actually sold really poorly. But it's still really popular at tournaments, so FGC fans seem to think it's popular everywhere.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#33DrillnKillPosted 4/26/2013 2:34:14 PM
Whats AE?
#34SideburnGuruPosted 4/26/2013 2:34:32 PM
Spider5800 posted...
SideburnGuru posted...
NoizyChild posted...
UMVC3 is pouplar?

"Here" meaning Earth?

Gaming Earth Life thing.

There was an uproar about it, it made the original obsolete in 9 months. Ultimate actually sold really poorly. But it's still really popular at tournaments, so FGC fans seem to think it's popular everywhere.

Oh, alright.

I was wondering about that, even I was hasty about it. Love MvC, but Capcom playing the ultimate screw card wasn't very cool.
---
PSN: RandomJD
Helping some peeps on Injustice. Any questions about the mobile version, message me! -This doesn't include trading-
#35kikookPosted 4/26/2013 2:37:27 PM
Have_Dry_Hands posted...
Do you think it will live as long as mvc3 and ssfiv has? Or do you think it will end up like Mk9 and skullgirls?

Does the game have enough depth, hype, accessibility to keep a popular following?

I guess time will tell

No, unless tournaments take kindly to it.
#36sithgod513Posted 4/26/2013 5:59:12 PM
I was on a week ago lol.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#37Musashi920Posted 4/26/2013 6:40:01 PM
I find it funny how people say MK9 died out or isn't as popular as UMvC3 when it completely outsold it. UMvC3 is more popular in the tournament scene but I'd say that MK9 was much more popular commercially and with casual players.

MK9 is actual fun to play casually. Mahvel learning curve is so ridiculous that just knowing a basic BnB with 2 characters and your friend/opponent doesn't is already totally unbalanced.

MK9 died in the tourney scene because the guys that hype up games quit on it because it was too hard for them to add on to their roster of games they play. At the time they were already heavily invested in SF4 and Marvel. But look at any high level tourney play for the MK9 and you can see it has a much wider variety of characters into top 8.

Injustice has the potential to take over sf4 or marvel. It just depends on how much attention it gets at the major local tourneys like WNF and big Majors.

But at the end of day despite the crapcom fanboys insistent crying about Xfactor, morrigan, zero, thc infinites, and saying that AE is now boring and needs a patch. They still watch and support. They are gluttons for punishment. Masochists even. And the crapcom fanboys are the biggest types of fans on the FGC. So I blame them in the end for any fighting game that isn't made by Capcom not getting popular. Hell just look at any live stream of any game that isn't MAHVEL and see how these stream "monsters" cry about when mahvel will be on and berate whatever game is on.
---
PSN: Keiji86Maeda
SF4: Blanka MK9: Kano, Jade MvC3: Wolvie, Spencer, Wesker
#38tristin809Posted 4/26/2013 7:20:38 PM
The fanboys in this topic lawl.
---
"Shop smart, shop s-mart." -Ash, Army of Darkness
UMVC3 Main Team: Wesker(b), Sentinel(a), Strider(y)
#39Rasen543Posted 4/26/2013 7:22:50 PM
Musashi920 posted...
Mahvel learning curve is so ridiculous that just knowing a basic BnB with 2 characters and your friend/opponent doesn't is already totally unbalanced.

...That's a good thing <_<
---
Official Kodama of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#40Have_Dry_Hands(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 12:30:30 PM
Musashi920 posted...
I find it funny how people say MK9 died out or isn't as popular as UMvC3 when it completely outsold it. UMvC3 is more popular in the tournament scene but I'd say that MK9 was much more popular commercially and with casual players.

MK9 is actual fun to play casually. Mahvel learning curve is so ridiculous that just knowing a basic BnB with 2 characters and your friend/opponent doesn't is already totally unbalanced.

MK9 died in the tourney scene because the guys that hype up games quit on it because it was too hard for them to add on to their roster of games they play. At the time they were already heavily invested in SF4 and Marvel. But look at any high level tourney play for the MK9 and you can see it has a much wider variety of characters into top 8.

Injustice has the potential to take over sf4 or marvel. It just depends on how much attention it gets at the major local tourneys like WNF and big Majors.

But at the end of day despite the crapcom fanboys insistent crying about Xfactor, morrigan, zero, thc infinites, and saying that AE is now boring and needs a patch. They still watch and support. They are gluttons for punishment. Masochists even. And the crapcom fanboys are the biggest types of fans on the FGC. So I blame them in the end for any fighting game that isn't made by Capcom not getting popular. Hell just look at any live stream of any game that isn't MAHVEL and see how these stream "monsters" cry about when mahvel will be on and berate whatever game is on.

Mk9 appealed to the casuals and outsold mvc3 because everyone grew up playing mk. I think the reason mk9 died was due to how "blocky" the movement felt and the mass of fighting games on the market, not many people juggle btwn a whole bunch of different games rather than a few.

Ae has tons of variety as well. Look at last years Evo, iirc there were 8 different characters in top 8. The game is extremely balanced IMO.

Marvel brings the hype which is something that will alone keep it in the tourney scene. I wish mk9 could say that.

Also, didn't capcom make sfxt and that game is dying by the day. Boring as hell to watch
---
Psn: civid
Currently playing: borderlands 2, FF7