New to Injustice, combo input help please

#1NelloAngeloPosted 4/27/2013 8:53:40 AM(edited)
Hello all! I've been , like most of you, playing fighting games for a long time. Street Fighter, Tekken, Doa, Guilty Gear, Blaz Blue, MK, Marvel, Persona hehe. But don't quite get the timings in Injustice.

I've been trying to do something as simple as Superman's HHL, forward HL, forward HL into super breath but can't connect the breath at the end. I did the tutorial and from what I read here the button input is less about timing (if the combo is not a juggle but a string) and more about sequential button presses like entering a code?

Any tips on how to properly pull of this basic combo? Am I supposed to buffer the moves? Is my timing all off I don't know sigh, this should be cake but for some reason I'm having issues.
---
~ La Vita Nuova ~
#2jay7018Posted 4/27/2013 8:55:21 AM
Yes you have to buffer there is very little that can be used to actually hit confirm.
---
The Official Pimp Hand of the Tampa Bay Rays...
#3xxGoDxoFxWaRxxPosted 4/27/2013 8:57:52 AM
You want to cancel the last hit of the combo directly into the special. So basically do the special as the hit is connecting.
#4NelloAngelo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 8:59:42 AM
Ok as far as buffering goes it must be strict on input huh? I feel I have an easier time pulling off the combo by just mashing. Im used to timing inputs and that doesn't seem to apply. Still can't land the breath though.
---
~ La Vita Nuova ~
#5DavidgraymanPosted 4/27/2013 8:59:59 AM
In this game you have to take advantage of the dial-a-combo system in this game. You need to perform moves in one motion, don't wait until the combo is over to perform a special move
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/cyraxwin
#6xxGoDxoFxWaRxxPosted 4/27/2013 9:01:36 AM
jay7018 posted...
Yes you have to buffer there is very little that can be used to actually hit confirm.

I keep hearing this, but I can hit confirm any 2-3 hit combos fairly easily. Just cancel into the special on the last hit.

If it's a jump in I can hit confirm off the first hit or go for a grab before I push them too far back from a combo.
#7NelloAngelo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 9:01:55 AM
xxGoDxoFxWaRxx posted...
You want to cancel the last hit of the combo directly into the special. So basically do the special as the hit is connecting.

Ok so in the middle of the H,L after the H hits but before the L does?
---
~ La Vita Nuova ~
#8jay7018Posted 4/27/2013 9:02:33 AM
NelloAngelo posted...
Ok as far as buffering goes it must be strict on input huh? I feel I have an easier time pulling off the combo by just mashing. Im used to timing inputs and that doesn't seem to apply. Still can't land the breath though.

Do it as a chain. After the last button press of your string go right into the special regardless of what your character is doing. It dial a combo not string hit confirmed into a special.
---
The Official Pimp Hand of the Tampa Bay Rays...
#9xxGoDxoFxWaRxxPosted 4/27/2013 9:03:05 AM
NelloAngelo posted...

Dial the combo string in with no pauses, then time the special to cancel on the last hit of the combo.
#10NelloAngelo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 9:03:34 AM
Davidgrayman posted...
In this game you have to take advantage of the dial-a-combo system in this game. You need to perform moves in one motion, don't wait until the combo is over to perform a special move

Ok so it is more rapid sequential input than timed presses
---
~ La Vita Nuova ~